Your first gig

metal overlord

Gold Member
I remember my first gig...

...Well, first major gig. We were playing at a metal fest, and we we're comming in with our gear and stuff. Us 5 were in the first car, and we looked out the window to see huge clouds of smoke emerging upward. It was the coolest thing ever. We got out of the car and looked around, garbage cans on fire, mosh pits, beer bottle everywhere, and cheap fireworks, almost a miniature Ozzfest. I remember before we went on stage after rehersal, we all circled up and were all like "We are doing this, no turning back now. We've practiced so hard for this day, so lets get out there and give them all we got, we have one chance, that chance is now, so lets do this!", quite a good pump-ep speach by our singer. That show went on to be a great success.

Mine was at the local youth centre with a total of 30 ppl,bad lighting,bad pyro's,(ping pong ball's do not make good smoke bomb's)& having to play our 30min set 3 times in 2 hours then jammin with the audience till they finally closed the door's.
Not the best show i played,but then it was one of my first in front of a crowd that didnt include family & friend's.LOL

Mine was at the local youth centre with a total of 30 ppl,bad lighting,bad pyro's,(ping pong ball's do not make good smoke bomb's)& having to play our 30min set 3 times in 2 hours then jammin with the audience till they finally closed the door's.
Not the best show i played,but then it was one of my first in front of a crowd that didnt include family & friend's.LOL

Hah my first gig ever was in the local youthie as well. It was in front of a couple of kids in our year and a few local chavs (who are pretty benign where i live). Quite fun, we played some real easy songs like green day and foo fighters but it was real fun. It was actually the last gig i played too but hopefully i'll be able to do some stuff in my new band in 2009.

Ive got my first magor gig on saturday and im very nervous haha
Wish me luck lol

Tris

good luck!

Sundaymorning will be my first 'gig', playing in church service. I am so nervous...

You'll be fine. Use the nerves and adrenalin rush to your advantage :)

My first gig was with an orchestra, performing the Muppets' theme song. I played a bell.

Hi
Been playing and performing for 44 years...I view/treat every gig as a 1st gig! Full of fun,joy and groove....no matter the size of the crowd. Relax have fun, play for the song and the best of your ability. Make a note of your mistakes(don't take them to seriously and fix them later for the next gig). Denis

Hi
Been playing and performing for 44 years...I view/treat every gig as a 1st gig! Full of fun,joy and groove....no matter the size of the crowd. Relax have fun, play for the song and the best of your ability. Make a note of your mistakes(don't take them to seriously and fix them later for the next gig). Denis

I know how that feels, because every gig a differant expirience. Like playing a 2 night, both nights will be different.

I remember playing my first gig.
I was so nervous before I went out and played, when we were warming up, I was messing up.
So I did the only thing I knew to do..I prayed haha.
And everything went perfect, I did not miss a beat the whole show. It was pretty awesome.

Back