Evans Emad, Emad 2, Aquarian Super Kick, Or Super Kick 2?

drums32

I want an upgrade from my remo dw stock head to give a nice punch with
very little resonance without using a pillow. Vote and tell me what you reccommend.
P.S- I have a Pdp Mx Maple 22x18 kick drum.

SKII: More punch than a 5 year old's birthday party and less resonance than a metronome.

I coupled mine with an Aquarian Regulator reso head and there shall never be a need for a pillow. I ran an EMAD2 for a few months, and while a nice head, the SKII ended the search for the sound I wanted.

Last edited:
Also i was wondering if i was to buy a single ply head like a emad or super kick and threw a remo falam slam without a pillow in my bass drum would it sound the same as far as resonance goes compared to a two ply head like an emad 2 or super kick 2 with no pillow and no falam slam patch, does that falam slam really dampen sound that much?

hows the remo powerstroke 3?

does that falam slam really dampen sound that much?

I feel the falam patches (Aquarian Kick Pad in my case) help increase attack much more than any dampening effect.

hows the remo powerstroke 3?

No experience with it, but all the heads you mentioned are highly regarded so it may end up (lame as it seems) a personal decision.

its really hands down! i have tried the emad, the super kick 2, and the emad 2, first off the emad was cool cause it was very versatile for a bass head and pretty decent sounding now the super kick 2 blew me away now i have a $3300 custom kit by truth and this drum was perfect however my friend bought the emad2 and i was listenin to it and after a while i decided to change my head and try out a emad 2 hands down!!!!! i was thought it couldnt get any better but it did the emad how so much punch to it i needed no pillow no nothing it was really really easy to tune and i just highly reccommend you get the emad2

Back