Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Has anyone seen or played these yet. They look interesting, I'd love to see how they feel.

54551.jpg

theres a few vids on youtube :). i dont know why they are so expensive tho :-|, i bet some guy with a broken chain drive pedal, came up with the design in his garage lol, seriously, you could make one, really easy :).

lol i cant figure out if you're being sarcastic or not wavelength :p

i found it kinda ugly.. :S i prefer my P2002C eliminator than this

Why not just buy a Trick Pedal, looks the same and similar price. Pearls pedal sales must have been feeling some heat from Trick.

The orange takes it out of the cool/elegant zone of axis and trick and places it into the "halloween" zone.

I love my Taye XP-1. Although not a direct drive it can be adjusted on every plane and is half the cash.

Attachments

• 0_48_66_xp1.jpg
    0_48_66_xp1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 15,047
I love my Taye XP-1. Although not a direct drive it can be adjusted on every plane and is half the cash.

I just tried one today while waiting to pick up my Gibraltar hihat stand.

They are indeed built like a tank and I like them better than IC or eliminators. There is something "monster truck" about them.

I ordered a P3000D on Wednesday and it should arrive this afternoon. (2 day shipping) I currently have a 2002C but I have been waiting for this pedal to become available since I first heard, and then read about it. I checked out both Trick and Axis and agree that they were overpriced (along with the Demon) . But the Demon has a combination of both of their characteristics integrated into its design and a few extras of its own that I was intrigued about. One being the convertible footboard and another being the two-position beater stroke adjustment. I will check it out and let you drummers know. I have 60 days to test drive it and can send it back if not happy with it for any reason.

i have never heard of taye pedals before but they look weird in a good way!

is this the end of chain drives?
axis yamaha trick pearl,...................

NO!

=D

As long as people don't want to spend 300.00 for a pedal there will be chain drives. Funny thing, it takes more work to manufacture a chain than it does a piece of straight rod. If you want expensive, they will stay expensive.

I can't stand the aesthetic of it. Did Pearl really have to make it look like a futuristic rotary dial telephone and with UGLY orange?

I'll stick with Trick. It's only $6 more for a Single Pedal and it has a compression spring.

As long as people don't want to spend 300.00 for a pedal there will be chain drives. Funny thing, it takes more work to manufacture a chain than it does a piece of straight rod. If you want expensive, they will stay expensive.

Of course it does, it also takes more engineering know how to design a model T ford than a piece of rebar for a building, what is your point? (Plus you can clearly see it's NOT a straight rod either)

The orange takes it out of the cool/elegant zone of axis and trick and places it into the "halloween" zone.

This had me laughing.

I tried a demon drive a few days ago, and it didn't really pop out as any kind of amazing wonder pedal. Just a lot of marketing hype, IMO

I am not a person who gives into hype. Last weekend, I went to the Sam Ash in King Of Prussia, and they had a Demon Drive Double Pedal set up on one of the kits, and I didn't even bother looking at it, because I figure it's all hype and advertising right now. Then, as I was leaving, the guy from the store was hitting on my singer, and trying to stall for more time with her, and said, "Hey, have you had a go on the new Demon Drive? Best pedal ever, and I hate Pearl." Even then, I was like, "Yeah, here's a guy trying to make a commission." But I sat down on the kit...

...and was blown away. It's a miracle I didn't spend the money right then and there and walk out of the store with one. It honestly was like I could play anything my mind envisioned. Double bass is not my strongest thing as a drummer, but I found I could FLY on the Demon Drive. Fly. I also could do rudiments and such, like flam-paradiddles, easier than I can on my Iron Cobra. Anything I thought of, my feet just did, perfectly. My singer finally ditched the guy and came over and said, "I've never heard you play like that." Again, I don't use a ton of double bass at all, so that's not a huge surprise, but it's true. I have NEVER played a piece of gear that I thought made me better before this. It's always been, "Oh, that's more comfortable," or "Oh, I like that feeling," but I have NEVER found a piece of gear that I felt made me a better drummer...until this pedal.

I haven't gotten one yet, because frankly it's a lot of money on something that I will rarely ever use. But man, if I had a ton of cash in my life, I would own one instantly.

I am not a person who gives into hype. Last weekend, I went to the Sam Ash in King Of Prussia, and they had a Demon Drive Double Pedal set up on one of the kits, and I didn't even bother looking at it, because I figure it's all hype and advertising right now. Then, as I was leaving, the guy from the store was hitting on my singer, and trying to stall for more time with her, and said, "Hey, have you had a go on the new Demon Drive? Best pedal ever, and I hate Pearl." Even then, I was like, "Yeah, here's a guy trying to make a commission." But I sat down on the kit...

...and was blown away. It's a miracle I didn't spend the money right then and there and walk out of the store with one. It honestly was like I could play anything my mind envisioned. Double bass is not my strongest thing as a drummer, but I found I could FLY on the Demon Drive. Fly. I also could do rudiments and such, like flam-paradiddles, easier than I can on my Iron Cobra. Anything I thought of, my feet just did, perfectly. My singer finally ditched the guy and came over and said, "I've never heard you play like that." Again, I don't use a ton of double bass at all, so that's not a huge surprise, but it's true. I have NEVER played a piece of gear that I thought made me better before this. It's always been, "Oh, that's more comfortable," or "Oh, I like that feeling," but I have NEVER found a piece of gear that I felt made me a better drummer...until this pedal.

I haven't gotten one yet, because frankly it's a lot of money on something that I will rarely ever use. But man, if I had a ton of cash in my life, I would own one instantly.

WOW...Joe...that's *quite* a solid endorsement. I bought my DW 5000 AD3 a couple of years ago and haven't so much as looked at another pedal since. But...if you're entirely serious here...maybe I'll check it out.

Back