My current setup

gallonsloth

Howdy everyone! My name's Dan and these are my Pearl Session Customs!
DSC06658.jpg

DSC06652.jpg

Here are the specs:
14" Pearl Ultracast snare (5.5" deep I think?), 22x18 Kick, then the toms are 12x9, 10x8, and 16x16, I could be wrong about the depths, but I'm pretty sure that's what they are.
Pretty dry head on the snare, really old, dingy heads on the toms, planning on getting some coated emperors for them soon!

Cymbals: HHX Rawbell Dry Ride, AAX O-zone Crash, AAX Stage Crash, two really nasty 10-15$ pearl cymbals that I butchered and stacked, and a pair of K Custom Dark Hats that I just picked up yesterday!

Some of you guys MIGHT recognize this set just a tad, I used to have a profile on here a few years ago, but I forgot my username and password, and I'm using a different email these days too... But lot's has changed since then anyways so....

Anyways, looking forward to having some good discussions with you guys! Maybe I'll post a vid of me messing around on these soon...
-Dan

wow that 16"x16" looks uncomfortable to play, mounted way up there, but to each his own I guess. :)

I like how you have the 10" & 12" running backwards!

cool kit!

-Jonathan

wow that 16"x16" looks uncomfortable to play, mounted way up there, but to each his own I guess. :)

I like how you have the 10" & 12" running backwards!

cool kit!

-Jonathan

Thanks!
I think it might be just the angle of the shot, the 16" is actually a significant amount lower than the snare... And yeah, I don't know why I started setting it up backwards like that, but it's super comfy and it makes fills pretty interesting!

Thanks!
I think it might be just the angle of the shot, the 16" is actually a significant amount lower than the snare... And yeah, I don't know why I started setting it up backwards like that, but it's super comfy and it makes fills pretty interesting!

Ah I see now, I thought that the bar supporting the 16" was roughly the same height as the bar up front. Haha, my bad.

How's that O-Zone treating you?

-Jonathan

Nice set! I like the cymbal choice too. That chinese-ish stack to your right looks interesting. How's the sound of that, any better than the original sound?

How's that O-Zone treating you?
I love it! It brings awesome contrast to the kit... It's a really nice warm kinda trashy, as apposed to the Stage Crash which is pretty clear in comparison. And the same goes for riding on it compared to the Dry Ride.

Nice set! I like the cymbal choice too. That chinese-ish stack to your right looks interesting. How's the sound of that, any better than the original sound?

Thanks!
The stack makes for... interesting... accents. I don't know, I dig the sound. Individually they really don't sound like much though.

Back