Strange Pedal Indeed

This is a Jacques Capelle pedal made in France, I was told they made these in a bycycle factory back in the seventies....

I actually got hold of one of these last week. It has a good action (and mine needs restoring) but I can't use it day-to-day because I fear it is just too fragile for everyday gigging.

I actually tried it for the first time today and it was great. The only problem I had was there was nothing to anchor it down, no screws or velcro to keep my kick from creeping, especially my vintage Ludwig, it needs the extra help. If I can figure out a way to add velcro to it, I may keep it. This is one great feeling pedal.

Attachments

• Pedale Capelle.jpg
    Pedale Capelle.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,268
OK, this is a relatively old thread, but today I came across a picture of a Capelle pedal found on a very interesting Italian site (http://www.ilgaragediasso.com/product/1061/ORANGE-CAPELLE-Bass-Drum-pedal-1970's.html) and I thought it would be nice to share it with those who posted in this same thread.

Here it is (note the way the pedal is attached to the bass drum ...):

Trippy. I can not think of any good reason to attach your pedal to the hoop in that way. No good could come of it. What is the advantage?

Back