My new CD is finally finished!!!

• Thread starter drumming sort of person
  • Start date
Nice stuff Paul! Very atmospheric while not being too spacey. People want different things from music, I am curious if you plan to market this and if so, did you have a plan of action for it? Like does anybody really make money from CD Baby? That's the only site I know of where anyone can sell their stuff, I'm sure there's others.

Or did you have other intentions for this CD?

Wow Paul, this is amazing stuff, I loved it, a lot :)

The production is superb and the drums sound very good.

I'm hearing different type of influences here, and while you've described the origin of those songs I couldn't help to hear some Jeff Beck with a touch of Al Di Meola coupled with a zest of Joe Satriani within the guitar(s) playing, your drumming was very reminiscent of a certain Simon Phillips, coincidence?

Absolutely wonderful CD man, it's a niche music, but you should have plenty of success, a five star rating from me.

Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas :)

Very nice! I'm into this kind of hard fusion stuff. Nice drumming too.

Nice stuff Paul! Very atmospheric while not being too spacey. People want different things from music, I am curious if you plan to market this and if so, did you have a plan of action for it? Like does anybody really make money from CD Baby? That's the only site I know of where anyone can sell their stuff, I'm sure there's others.

Or did you have other intentions for this CD?

Bandcamp is a good one too.

http://bandcamp.com

Wow, thank you very much guys. It's really nice to be appreciated, especially by other drummers/musicians.

I honestly have no plan as far as marketing. I've been too busy recording, mixing and mastering. On top of that, my parents health has been deteriorating and my girlfriend's mom just succumbed to cancer on Christmas eve. It's been a crazy, difficult few months to say the least.

Once I get home next week I'll look at selling on cdbaby I guess. I think my best bet may be reaching out directly to folks like you guys on various forums, and hopefully try to get reviewed in magazines and periodicals. Make sense?

Happy Boxing Day!

Paul

Wow, thank you very much guys. It's really nice to be appreciated, especially by other drummers/musicians.

I honestly have no plan as far as marketing. I've been too busy recording, mixing and mastering. On top of that, my parents health has been deteriorating and my girlfriend's mom just succumbed to cancer on Christmas eve. It's been a crazy, difficult few months to say the least.

Once I get home next week I'll look at selling on cdbaby I guess. I think my best bet may be reaching out directly to folks like you guys on various forums, and hopefully try to get reviewed in magazines and periodicals. Make sense?

Happy Boxing Day!

Paul
It makes much sense Paul. Keep strong with your family challenges. Take time to appreciate & support your parents. Build smiles, for those are memories, but also take time for yourself. It's all a tough ride, I know it only too well. Try to keep up with your CD project, even when all around you is proving too much. You'll need distraction, & your music is so worth it. Truly - wonderful stuff.

Andy.

thetrioofstridence.jpg

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thetrioofstridence

For a limited time, I'm offering my CD "Auditur Periculosum" to anyone here for only $8, shipping included, anywhere on the planet. Just send me $8.00 U.S. via paypal. Be sure to include your mailing address.

My paypal email account is paypal at paulmarangoni.com.

Samples available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thetrioofstridence

Is the song Dr.Slump a reference to the manga "Dr. Slump"? By the creator of Dragon Ball?

Yes, it is! But it was written by Steve Khan, not us. Here's what he had to say about the title:
Though I've stated this before, one of the most difficult things after all the stages of composing an instrumental piece of music are completed is to give it a title. In the end, I think that it really is best to try to come up with a title that is not frivolous, silly, or stupid, because you have to live with that forever. Of course, a title can have humor to it. The title for this tune, "Dr. Slump," in 20/20 hindsight, does not fit the mood of this piece and I regret this title. I've always been a fan of graphic design and during the years between '77-'85 when I was able to visit Japan often, I began to collect these little comic books which were titled, "Dr. Slump." I believe at that time that it had also become a popular children's cartoon show on TV. Of course, not knowing the language I had no idea what these books were about and knew nothing of the characters. It just seemed so strange to me that any character's name could actually be 'slump' because of the negative associations we, as North Americans, have with this word. For me, I immediately think of a batter in baseball going into a hitting 'slump.' So, that's where the title came from.

After a couple of clips I downloaded the album from CD Baby... mostly because I didn't want to wait for a physical CD. Very cool stuff, looking forward to hearing all of it!

After a couple of clips I downloaded the album from CD Baby... mostly because I didn't want to wait for a physical CD. Very cool stuff, looking forward to hearing all of it!

Thank you!!!! I hope you dig it!

I just ordered your new CD through Paypal and am looking to play it all the way through. Your influences were almost identical to mine although I didn't do as much with them other than be a listener. I will await it's arrival. Johnny

Back