FINALLY got my new Ludwig Centennial Zep Kit!!!

Those look sweet indeed the grain in the wood looks better than I figured they would..;)

as posted coated emp's. over clear ambass that's what Bonham used..that's cool you got the 2002 Paiste's also.

now go jam & enjoy..\m/

Bonzolead

The grain is actually a little sloppy compared to the birch, more random and some gentle scarring but the tone is nicer, richer, and it actually looks better than it does in these pics. More this weekend or whenever I can get the kit in some good lighting.

Much better. Thank you. And if that's your wife... I'm not sure how you have any time for drums.

This is a great thread- I love that kit. I hope it sounds as good as it looks because you could keep that forever. Really cool and different from the average 2 up one down thing.

Girl pic is funny as hell too.

Very nice!

I too have the Ludwig Centennial Zep kit. Waited absolutely ages for it and ended up taking the black lacquer because Ludwig couldn't give me a estimate date for the natural maple, and only had blue sparkle or black in stock.

I put coated Emps over coated Ambs with a coated Emp bass drum batter with felt strip. Tuned it high and I was all set!

The bass drum did take a while to get use to and I must of spent a whole month trying to get a sound I liked. I used to always burry my beater, but now I play off the head and the sound is just so much better! I get numerous compliments from its sound.

I also just installed a bass drum cymbal mount to compliment my 24" ride and give it a more Bonham-esque feel!

$999 is a steal for that kit! I am in the UK and it cost me £1300 which is almost $2000! So I am very envious of you for that!

You NEED a LM402 now though!

Happy drumming

I'm surprised nobody said anything about your "wife" being Photoshopped into a perfectly good drum picture!

Enjoy the kit, man!

VERY nice drums.

Photoshopped wives do obscure drum pictures.

I love 2002's , and No , your cymbal doesn't seem so far away.

So are they phasing out this kit? Just the Zep set or the entire Centennial line? Would be heartbreaking considering it sounds like a great deal!

Ludwig stopped production of the centennial line about a year ago.Whatever remaining stock there is,is all thats available.

Steve B

Here's mine! Just got 'em! Not the Zep Kit, but the Moto, except with a 16"x14" Floor Tom. With a Ludwig Epic Centurian Snare.

Attachments

• IMG_3298.jpg
    IMG_3298.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 8,895
  • IMG_3295.jpg
    IMG_3295.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 6,651
  • IMG_3431.jpg
    IMG_3431.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 8,004
Great video. You tuned yours up a bit higher than mine. I initially had my floors tuned very very low and they sounded great on their own. I had to pitch them up to fit in with everything else. Great kit!

Thanks! I'm still not completely sure where I want them in the tuning spectrum. I worked around that smaller floor tom, which has a sweet spot right around there. Still gotta get the 18" singing. I could easily see going lower all the way around, though.
Love these drums. I never thought I would have choices of drum tones I could get out of 'em. Excellent!

Hey, congrats on the new drums! Nice looking kit!

Back