Not able to attach files to my threads...

blastbeatkeeper

I didn't know where else to go, but for some reason, I'm trying to post a couple of mp3 files on a thread in the "My Playing" section, and when I click on attachments on the toolbar, it doesn't open anything. I'm not suspended, or or anything like that, but for some reason I cant attach files. Can someone help? Thanks.

Are the files to big? The parameters are listed at the bottom of the download insert

No, it doesn't even give me an option to upload the attachments. Its acting like the attachment icon on the top toolbar is off or something. I put the cursor over the paperclip, or the drop down arrow next to it, it says attachments, but it won't let me click on it to open it at all.

I never use the paper clip on the toolbar to upload attachments on the forum, instead I use the "Manage Attachments" on the "Additional Options" window below the main window, have you tried that?

It does not give me that option.All it gives me is the main area to type with the toolbar, then when I scroll down, I get the misc. options which lets me show my signature and auto parse links in my text, then the attach files box is right below that, and gives me the valid file extensions that I can upload, ie. avi, bmp,jpeg,mp3 and so on...Nowhere does it say manage attachments or anything.

It does not give me that option.All it gives me is the main area to type with the toolbar, then when I scroll down, I get the misc. options which lets me show my signature and auto parse links in my text, then the attach files box is right below that, and gives me the valid file extensions that I can upload, ie. avi, bmp,jpeg,mp3 and so on...Nowhere does it say manage attachments or anything.

When you reply to a post, you do that via the "quote" icon on the lower right hand corner of the post you wish to reply, right?

The "Reply to Thread" window open up, it is where you write your reply, but when you scroll down a bit, you see a second window.

The second window is called "Additional Options", and it feature a "Manage Attachments" icon, you click on it, a separate reduced widow open up, then you can chose to upload up to 10 files, once you've selected your file(s), you click the "Upload" icon, the names of the file(s) you wish to upload will be shown in the "Additional Options" window, you then click the "Submit Reply" icon. (or alternatively, you can click the "preview Post" if you wish to see what your post will look like before submitting it.

No, I use the Reply to Post on the top right hand corner of the previous post.I know how to attach files, i've done it before when I put up pics of my old Sonor kit. I don't use the quote reply unless I am actually going to use a quote from someone else's response. None of the things that you mention, MAD, are there. It doesn't give me an option to manage my attachments. Underneath the reply box, all I get are sections, in order:

Misc. options(option to show ur signature)
attach files, where it lists the type of files I can upload(where I should be able to attach files)
Thread subscription
Rate Thread
Thread Management

Thats all. I realize that there SHOULD be a section to attach files, trust me, Ive been on this forum long enough. But for some reason, its not coming up.

See, now I am at work, and the manage attachments button is there. But when Im at home on my own PC, the manage attachments button disappears. Could it be the OS Im using? (WIndows XP Pro at work; what Im using now. Windows XP reg. edition at home on my PC). I dont really know whats happening, but its getting frustrating.

Back