Just sharing a fun email :)

Andy

Honorary Member
I received this a few days after our last weekend's gigs. Names removed so I don't get into trouble for posting this ;)

It is with a heavy heart that we report the band “Fired Up” may be partially responsible for the break-up of two long term relationships (I’m serious).

It appears that two couples travelled together to the XXXXXX (venue) to see the live performance with a taxi booked home for 11 pm in order to relieve the babysitter of her duties.

As the clock struck 11 pm and the taxi arrived, the two females proceeded to the taxi. It is alleged that the two male partners refused to leave the premises because “the band haven’t finished playing “.

It is reported that the taxi waited 20 minutes whilst the women took issue with their partners who refused to move.

The taxi departed with the two female occupants.

Eye witness reports suggest that the words “F.U.” were screamed from the departing taxi. It is unclear at this time whether this was referring to the performing artist, or a reference to each of the female occupant’s partners.

XXXXXXXXX County Council have requested that in addition to the pre gig announcement of loud music and flashing lights, a warning be given as to the serious impact this band may have on relationships.

County Councillor XXXXXXXXXX

Your music has the ability to dissolve relationships? Wow, What other super powers do you have?

We could use some more rain here in the Southeast US. If it's not too much trouble.

Geez, what a bunch of jerks you guys are. You should change the name of the band to "The Homewreckers"

Next time don't be so selfish. Think of the babysitters ;-)

Sheesh, women who choose their children over staying to hear good music, what's this world coming to? I say these men are better off without those pesky females and you've done a public service.

This is a true story. Only the names have been changed to protect the GUILTY...

...Take a ride...wild side! It sounds like East London!

It's a shame that the chicks went and the blokes stayed, the other way round has something more appealing :)

Congratulations Andy! Keep up the good work! You guys are really hitting your stride now!

Congratulations Andy! Keep up the good work! You guys are really hitting your stride now!
Thanks Larry :)

Guys, just a bit of fun, but thank you for your witty responses. Yes, it would be better if the chicks stayed Henri, but hey, we can't always get it right. Inducing rain is a bit beyond my powers, as are most things frankly. Come to think of it, I don't have any powers. If I did, I'd use them in the talent acceleration department. I sure could use an injection there :)

Nice ob' Mary ;) You're my kinda chick!

Thanks Larry :)

Guys, just a bit of fun, but thank you for your witty responses.

Nice ob' Mary ;) You're my kinda chick!

Ah Yes, we are a witty and brilliant bunch, you are surrounded by intellectuals and I bet you five bucks, Euro's, Quids, or gold nuggets that half this crowd still think Whoopie Cushions are hysterical. I do anyway.

That email should definitely be your next ad in your local Freetime magazine or whatever they call it there.

That's rock and roll. When I was rocking I always felt a touch of chaos in the air, as though something feral could happen at any second.

I don't know whether the energy and volume excites people and makes them a bit kooky or if they show up at gigs because they're a bit kooky naturally. Both I guess.

Laughing at Spreggy's promo idea.

Back