Triggered lights inside drums

Ned Zeppelin

Hi Everybody,

I was watching some Jared Falk videos (drumeo.com) and noticed that his heads light up quickly on contact, and just as quickly turn off, which makes it much easier for a student to follow what he's doing. I'd like to have this on my teaching kits to help my students.

The problem is that the sites I've been able to find that sell triggered drum lighting either don't have a trigger product (like www.iwdrumlites.com) or their triggers are slow to respond and decay-so they're out of touch with what is actually happening. Whereas, Jared's are really on top of it. It looks like the head just lights up as it is hit and then turns off quickly thereafter.

Man, any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, Ned

Hi Everybody,

I was watching some Jared Falk videos (drumeo.com) and noticed that his heads light up quickly on contact, and just as quickly turn off, which makes it much easier for a student to follow what he's doing. I'd like to have this on my teaching kits to help my students.

The problem is that the sites I've been able to find that sell triggered drum lighting either don't have a trigger product (like www.iwdrumlites.com) or their triggers are slow to respond and decay-so they're out of touch with what is actually happening. Whereas, Jared's are really on top of it. It looks like the head just lights up as it is hit and then turns off quickly thereafter.

Man, any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, Ned

On my gig the crew installed light-up LED lighting in each drum - very cool when we play at night. I will ask what they are and where they got those from. It looks a little involved, but it works great.

Thanks for posting the link to the IWs. I like the concept and will probably get some. I'm not a teacher; this would be for a gigging setup.

For your purposes, you can probably make something using a mixer and/or dmx controlller and some drum triggers.

Back