TD11 USB quick record question

JWood

Hi guys, just introduced myself at the appropriate place.

Have been reading a lot here before purchasing a practice kit for my daughter (huge grin...).

Actually enjoy the TD11 a lot and it is great that the family is not bothered with the sound it makes. My daughter seems to have some talent and for me that is a joy to see.

I have a question on the USB quick record function though: I cannot make it work.

What have I done:

- Formatted the usb stick on the TD-11 module
- Pushed quick record
- Played a bit
- Stopped recording
- Pushed "songs"
- Selected the folder on the usb "quick record"
- ..... to find it empty.

I understood from the manual the TD-1 would store the last 5 quick records on the USB automatically. I assumed that I could play them back "as a song".

Can somebody of you Roland geniuses point me in the right direction on how I can listen back older quick recordings?

Or maybe somebody can advise me how to play a pattern for my daughter, so she can use it as a practice track. She likes it that way in quick record mode, but I am not always at home and able to perform my magic for her instantly..... It is a father/daughter bonding thing, so hope you can help me out here. Many thanks!

Mmm, tok the usb out of the module and inserted it in my Mac. It appears that there are files in midi format. Not what I had expected, but apparently this is it.

If somebody can tell me what is the way to go to record a track for my daughter to use as practice track, let me know!

Back