I gotta tell somebody!

lachlin

My band is opening for Electric Eel Shock and Peelander-Z next weekend!! I know most of you don't follow punk rock, but I'm thrilled no end about this!

nice

I actually dig both of those bands

I think more people here dig punk rock than you may think....real punk rock not the corporate dish the industry created to fool you into shaving a mohawk and wearing pins on your clothes

good luck at the show brother

kill it

I think more people here dig punk rock than you may think....real punk rock not the corporate dish the industry created to fool you into shaving a mohawk and wearing pins on your clothes

I haven't heard of any of these bands, but when you say "Punk-Rock" what exactly do you mean?... When I hear "Punk-Rock" I instantly think of Green Day and such, not that they are Punk-Rock, but that's the label given to them by the media. I love bands like the Pistols, Misfits, Crass, Rancid and Sham69.. There's not many punk bands anymore, not from newer people anyways. I'd love to be in a punk band, there's just no punk musicians around here (unless they pull a 'Sid' and think they can play bass haha).

Just because I don't know these bands (yet I do love Punk) doesn't mean I'm a 'Stereotypical' Punk... Granted, I have rocked through the Mohawk, Bondage Pants, Docs and Chains Phase, but not because I wanted to "Follow The Crowd" or anything haha..

I don't know what the Punk scene is like in America, but here in England, "Punk Isn't Dead", there's the odd few groups here and there... Is it the same there?
I love the fact that Punks are still going, even if it isn't as big as it was in the 70s/80s :)

Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting haha, I'm not trying to have a go... I just always seem to have something to say when I post on this forum :p

Good Luck at the gig man!!!

I love Electric Eel Shock, I was never really sure what kind of a band they were...I first knew of them from a Metal Hammer covermount CD in 2003 that included 'Do The Metal'.

Both bands are heading to SXSW in Austin and are stopping in town on the way there.

Electric Eel Shock is a mix of metal and punk.

Peelander-Z plays comic style punk rock. Songs about Steak, people named Mike that sort of thing. They dress up to resemble Power Rangers.

Vlad, there are many pockets of punk scenes in the states. My town has at least a dozen punk bands, most in the hardcore variety. My band plays pretty straightforward 80s style punk rock.

I haven't heard of any of these bands, but when you say "Punk-Rock" what exactly do you mean?...

Just because I don't know these bands (yet I do love Punk) doesn't mean I'm a 'Stereotypical' Punk... Granted, I have rocked through the Mohawk, Bondage Pants, Docs and Chains Phase, but not because I wanted to "Follow The Crowd" or anything haha..

I don't know what the Punk scene is like in America, but here in England, "Punk Isn't Dead", there's the odd few groups here and there... Is it the same there?
I love the fact that Punks are still going, even if it isn't as big as it was in the 70s/80s :)

I think it's still going on underground here in the LA/OC area. There's not a lot of places that have punk bands playing, but there's a few and there's quite a few punk bands to play those places. I was in that scene about 10-15 years ago. There's still a lot of those old punkers around. They all have families now, but kids like my my 22 y.o. cousin are still carrying the torch. He and his friends are full on punks in a band. I kinda inspired him when I lived with he and his dad. He stole all my punk CD's.

Here's his band from Huntington Beach, CA. He is the singer.
http://www.reverbnation.com/thementaldefects

Good luck at your gig, man.

Back