Ludwig 1965

T

Tommycanuhearme

This is the Ludwig 1965 silver sparkle kit I got in Houston for the GMS kit....
8x12, 14x14, 14x20
04271502.jpg

04275804.jpg

04275748.jpg

04275756.jpg

Very sharp. Fold out spurs. Flat based hardware. Cool.

Tommy, I think these may be my favs of your kits posted so far.

They look like they rolled out of Monroe yesterday instead of Chicago in '65!!

Thanks, they actually had another kit exactly like this one that looked even better, but it was also priced a lot higher.

Thanks man, I believe I have found my dream kit, not only for looks and sound, but it's from that time period when Ludwig was KING!

What IS your dream kit? Are you going to trade these for some WMP Luddies?

What do you care what I do with my kits? This is actually the best looking and original vintage Ludwig kit I have owned, so no, I doubt I will trade it.

What do you care what I do with my kits?

Not much, actually. I just noticed that you had this kit offered for trade over on another forum, and remembered that you talked about WMP as being your favorite wrap. Just trying to put 2 and 2 together.

Before you get repulsed by the fact that I'm paying attention and taking some interest in your kit-trading exploits, remember that you're the one posting about it.

This is actually the best looking and original vintage Ludwig kit I have owned, so no, I doubt I will trade it.

Awesome! It's definitely a keeper! How do you have it tuned? Mine works great tuned both high for jazz AND low for rock. Super sweet!

What do you care what I do with my kits? This is actually the best looking and original vintage Ludwig kit I have owned, so no, I doubt I will trade it.

Not much, actually. I just noticed that you had this kit offered for trade over on another forum, and remembered that you talked about WMP as being your favorite wrap. Just trying to put 2 and 2 together.

Before you get repulsed by the fact that I'm paying attention and taking some interest in your kit-trading exploits, remember that you're the one posting about it.

Awesome! It's definitely a keeper! How do you have it tuned? Mine works great tuned both high for jazz AND low for rock. Super sweet!
No need to get defensive. You obviously have a recent track record for flipping kits at an alarming rate. I too noticed you had already offered to trade this SS kit for a Psych Red kit. BTW, I love the Silver Sparkle kit.

Who are you? I never offered to trade for a Psych red kit, I was made an offer, but I declined. Anyway, this kit is worth more because it's a more desireable finish, it's clean, it's not missing anything and it has a 14x14 floor tom.

Actually silver sparkle and white marine pearl are my favorite finishes, but only on a vintage kit, new ones just don't look as cool.

Well, I saw this posting over on DF, so I just assumed.

I have a chance to get a 20, 12, 14 Silver sparkle Ludwig kit with rail...all complete, mufflers..etc..etc..

the guy wants my 70's Psyche red kit.

I would give him a 13, 16, 22 B/O badges 1971 kit for his 1965 set.

I know SS is common and I know Psyche red is not... I love my psyche red kit, but this kit looks really really nice

No biggie. I think the Silver Sparkle looks great, super classy. Enjoy that kit!

What site is that on and under what title? I'd like to check it out, thanks.

This was at DrumForum, under the title: Would you trade this for this ? Am I insane ?
http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/31898-would-you-trade-this-for-this/

Then there is the posting you, "johnnyringo", made on VintageForum, posting: Who Wants This Kit ? http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=13532 I think you posted today that you were kidding though.

Like I said though, no biggie, you can do whatever you want with your drums. I personally love your Silver Sparkle kit.

Back