Different Reso Bass head /with logo Where??

A-customs

Silver Member
Hey all....... Please Help me find a place where i can order either a fiberskn,or a white coated Ambassador Bass reso head with the Yamaha logo on it.. Cant seem to find a site.Also would there be any different sound from the 2??? I have a black head and want a different look.Thanks in advance!!!!!

Hey all....... Please Help me find a place where i can order either a fiberskn,or a white coated Ambassador Bass reso head with the Yamaha logo on it.. Cant seem to find a site.Also would there be any different sound from the 2??? I have a black head and want a different look.Thanks in advance!!!!!

What makes you think this is even possible? YAMAHA only makes certain logo heads.

You could go to a sign making place or sticker shop, show em a YAMAHA logo and have them do their best.

Make sure you measure correctly for your head size. Buy your desired head, remove REMO logo with a little bit of acetone on a rag, put sticker on your new head and every sunday at church pray YAMAHA doesn't sue you.

Wow........I didnt know..Ive seen White Yamaha heads on kits.They cant be all homemade..Can they???.

Wow........I didnt know..Ive seen White Yamaha heads on kits.They cant be all homemade..Can they???.

Not really sure about the Yamaha heads, but there are many logo heads that only come in black. I'd look into having a decal specially made...not only would you be able to have what you want, but you could also make it more unique and "one of a kindish" by doing it that way. I do graphic designs for signs and cars, and to make you one of those wouldn't cost you more than 20-30 dollars, depending on how big and what not. Just something to think about.

I went to a sign shop here in Omaha called Signs By Tomorrow. I think they're a national franchise. They made me the Yamaha logo with the lettering and the tuning forks. They have a $20 minimum order so I got five in white and five in black. I could have gotten any color I wanted.
They are vinyl stickers where you peel off the backing, stick the logo to the drum head, then carefully peel off a plastic sheet leaving only the lettering and logo without the rectangular outline like a bumper sticker would have. The result is very professional looking. I have extra. Let me know if you need a couple.

The white YAMAHA logo heads are 'really' thin, like almost un-useable thin, dude is talking about 'coated' Ambassador (which is not the best sticker base), all YAMAHA front/logo heads are smooth.

Sticker is the best way to go.

Two below are repo's, one is a real YAMAHA logo

Last edited:
I had both of these done at the local sign shop I referred to earlier. The second one has a smaller Yamaha logo than the first. They did my band's logo as well. Notice in the third pic how my band logo lights up when a flash is used. It's made from the same type of reflective material they make stop signs out of.

DSC09750.jpg

P1010166.jpg

P1010163.jpg

Back