Gibraltar 6608 Moto Style Pro Drum Throne

I haven't tried that particular one, but I'm always cautious when it comes to thrones that can be adjusted up and down the same way as cymbal stands. In my experience, they almost always sink down over time, and I keep having to readjust it every so often.

So based on that, I'd recommend you go for a throne that you have to spin around to adjust, like the 9608. This is the one I use, and I've never had a single problem with it. I'm pretty sure you can get it with a motorcycle-style seat as well.

GIB-9608.jpg

I haven't tried that particular one, but I'm always cautious when it comes to thrones that can be adjusted up and down the same way as cymbal stands. In my experience, they almost always sink down over time, and I keep having to readjust it every so often.

So based on that, I'd recommend you go for a throne that you have to spin around to adjust, like the 9608. This is the one I use, and I've never had a single problem with it. I'm pretty sure you can get it with a motorcycle-style seat as well.

GIB-9608.jpg
how confortable is this one?

Depends on your preferences, I guess. I've never had any issues with the comfort, at least. No back problems either.

I have the 6608, with the universal backrest. It's decent, but if I were you, I'd save up for a nice throne like a Roc-n-Soc, Pork Pie, etc. Having a nice throne can make a huge difference in your playing.

Having a nice throne can make a huge difference in your playing.[/QUOTE]

In what way?

In what way?

Think about your playing in relation to your overall comfort level. You play your best when you're relaxed and comfortable. Nothing makes it easier to settle in than a nice, comfortable, sturdy throne. As soon as I upgraded from the Gibraltar to a nicer throne, I noticed an immediate improvement to my live playing.

. I'm pretty sure you can get it with a motorcycle-style seat as well.

You certainly can.

But be aware that the tractor seat on the 9608 is very big........and by that I mean friggen' huge. Gargantuan in fact. If your arse is the size of a barn door it may well be practical. But for the rest of us, it's just way too much seat to lug around everywhere. Honestly, it's like sitting in an Ezy Chair. I actually just use my Pearl Road Pro round seat on the Gibraltar base and find that's more than comfortable enough. If I had my time again, I'd just opt for the round seat and be done with it. Far more practical from both a seating and carting point of view.

Back