Drum kit for practice

Zoofie

Hey guys
Just wondering if any of you live in an area that does not allow you to play a proper acoustic kit with no pads etc for practice.
For noise , space etc.
What do you guys use for practice if this is the case , and do you have 2 seperate kits?
One for live and one of practice?

Cheers!

I live in an area where i cant make much noise, so i sold my acoustic drumkit for an electronic one. Acoustic drumkit was a crap one so don't mind the fact i sold it lol. It was either a whole new drumkit or electronic, couldn't play an acoustic much so i bought an electronic one.

The neighbours are pretty whiny though, they even whined about the bassdrum pad, lol. Had to sound-isolate my electronic drumkit!

I do use a practice pad a lot, which works pretty good for my rudiments. Better than nothing ;)

Ah ok thats cool cheers.
With the video i posted , for a metal drummer like myself , would it be fine practising to just use that practice kit Chris Adler uses and just do rudiments on snare pad and double bass practising?
With like a metronome etc?

Cheers!

Be as creative as you can. Within the limits of money, living space, noise restrictions, etc. If all you can get away with is a practice kit (like in the video), then that's your situation. Be greatful you have that. In my little home "practice space", noise management with the e-kit is easy. Things don't ever need to be concert-arena loud. We can get loud, for the space, but everyone can remain at portable radio sound levels also. I typically run my e-drums thru 2 Roland PM-1 amps. I also run bass guitar thru those. I have a Roland KC-100 amp, that handles guitar and keyboards.​
With all the technology (and options) available, we are no longer slaves to the "sound police". My guitarist has a Boss ME-50 effects processor, his sounds are "almost limitless". I own a Line 6 Bass Pod, so the same goes for the bass guitar.​
I have both an e-kit, and an acoustic kit. And one never know, from week-to-week, how I'm gonna set up.​
My set up, as of last week​

Attachments

• IMG_4006-1.jpg
    IMG_4006-1.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_4008-1.jpg
    IMG_4008-1.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 193
Back