Billy Ward here!

Thanks guys. I'm still in LA hanging at John Good's house with John's family and Joe Montinieri. Believe it or not, we are not talking shop AT ALL! :D NAMM shows will wear you out so much...

I'm going to do some playing this week as well (studio session and a writing session with Barry, the guitarist from the trio record) and then finally get home.

Mr Breath,
It was fun meeting you!!!! :)
And... of course, it is always enjoyable to see Bernhard

Billy,

The "Voices In My Head" video is awesome! I just got mine yesterday and like others have said, this is what every drummer should have in thier educational collection. I'm so glad it focuses on Jazz drumming.

Great video!

Billy,

The "Voices In My Head" video is awesome! I just got mine yesterday and like others have said, this is what every drummer should have in thier educational collection. I'm so glad it focuses on Jazz drumming.

Great video!

Thanks Muckster! this means the world to me! Though, I prefer not using the "j" word. :)

the thing is... lots of drummers who want NOTHING to do with jazz need the lessons that are inside this video - IF they want to do Bonham / Purdie /Porcaro / Ziggaboo Modeliste, etc...
I hope it helps MANY!

Thanks so much -

Hey Billy, just got your great new book on the mental aspects of drumming and we've got a thread discussing your point about practice v/s playing ( practicers or players ? ). Would be great if you popped in and commented on it.

love the book, love your playing!

Hey Billy, just got your great new book on the mental aspects of drumming and we've got a thread discussing your point about practice v/s playing ( practicers or players ? ). Would be great if you popped in and commented on it.

love the book, love your playing!

Thanks for the heads up, Aydee! I'm there -

Thanks Muckster! this means the world to me! Though, I prefer not using the "j" word. :)

the thing is... lots of drummers who want NOTHING to do with jazz need the lessons that are inside this video - IF they want to do Bonham / Purdie /Porcaro / Ziggaboo Modeliste, etc...
I hope it helps MANY!

Thanks so much -

I also enjoyed the section where your "students" joined in. Those guys sure look familiar! (wink, wink).

I also enjoyed the section where your "students" joined in. Those guys sure look familiar! (wink, wink).

Yes, the students are pretty good...
I am surprised that more folks have not gone to my website to download the songs and charts - there is also more video of me speaking with the composer, guitarist Barry Coates about the charts. ALL of this is helpful, but didn't fit in the DVD - we filled it up all the way!

Thanks again Muckster!

Just finished the Book Inside Out, and the DVD Big Time, and also the DVD Voices in my Head. I have learned more from these 3 items than all the videos and lessons I have ever taken, in my opinion probably the best teaching for either a new or seasoned drummer I have ever seen.

Thank you very much Billy!!!!

Rick

Just finished the Book Inside Out, and the DVD Big Time, and also the DVD Voices in my Head. I have learned more from these 3 items than all the videos and lessons I have ever taken, in my opinion probably the best teaching for either a new or seasoned drummer I have ever seen.

Thank you very much Billy!!!!

Rick

THANKS Rick! I appreciate that more than you will ever know!

BTW - all... I am doing a clinic in Regina Saskatchewan this Sunday - Masterclass by day and Clinic by night. I hear Dudley Dooright will be there... :)

Details at my website.
thanks
B

Hey guys - not sure where to put this, but it's pretty cool. Maybe Bernhard or Mr. Breath can put it where it belongs...

:D

Thought I should hip you to something that I think was really cool. Here's how it happened:
One of the members of my forum suggested we try to play something together.
i was thinking, Cool! i've been daydreaming about doing a drum only record and thought having to mix a whole bunch of drummers would be a great learning experience for me - and even better, for the participants!

So. i suggested a tempo from the free download of play along songs from my trio record, "Out The Door". The song is titled, "Best Buddies". The instructions were to play something to that tempo and then i will put it together.

We had about a dozen participants from ALL over the world. This will be a yearly thing for sure! IT was really fun. You can listen to it by finding the links on my home page:
http://www.billyward.com/

(just scroll down - it's all there.)

And you can also download my mix notes at the same place - they are probably helpful. this taught me a bunch - next year's well be better - more interesting and more lessons! :)

Thought you might like to check it out - it isn't everyday you hear a free form kind of exploding drum thang! i hope you enjoy it! It turned out to be a great teaching tool for all the players! I'm looking forward to next year's hit!

-BW

Billy Ward featured on Drummer Cafe TV

I wanted to let you all know that it's Billy Ward Week on DCTV. I'm showing footage that I shot during Billy's 5-Star Drum Shop Tour back in 2006. Lot's of good information about the types of wood drum shells. There's also clips from "Big Time" and "Voices In My Head" although many of you have probably already seen this.

I have a new episode every week, so if you want to check out Billy you'll need to watch it some time this week; March 23-29.

Thanks again to Billy and DrumWorkshop for allowing the Drummer Cafe to capture some of his clinic in Nashville.

Chicago Drum Show

those of you who live near this already know I am performing at Rob Cook's Chicago Drum Festival. http://www.rebeats.com/drumshows_clinicians.html

I just wanted to give out a heads up - on Saturday, I am doing a master class. If you wish to attend contact Rob through the above link and sign up. Attendance is EXTREMELY limited so act quickly if you want to do this. It will be held Saturday at 11:15 - and I think only 8 students will be permitted to attend.

Thanks!

Hey Billy. How are the Miracle Putty sales going?
Oh sorry, I see. Billy Ward, not Billy Mays.

Jay - I don't get it. I hope it was funny to someone.
oh well...

heads up;
The MAster Class I'm doing in Chicago Drum Fest is being given in a place where there are no more than 8 students allowed. There ahve been way too many requests, so i think Rob Cook has arranged for two classes to take place -

These are the new times;
10am to 11:20 (could run a bit later..)
and then 11:50 to 1:10 (could run a bit later - but be out by 1;30)

It means I'm a talked-out puppy by 1:30, and i still have to attend the show!

I'll rest during my clinic the next day! HAHA.

Thought you might want to know this... or not.

Congratulations for this ModernDrummer Gig - so great!!!!!

So i'm not there as a visitor, it will be like a Drummerwold-Friends meeting: Billy, Gavin, Derek, Ndugu, Thomas, Todd, Dafnis.....all personal good friends of Drummerworld - Wooowww.....what a lineup!!!!

..and also best greetings to ALL here from Simon - looking forward to be there - just met him yesterday here in Basel/Switzerland.

Attachments

• simonbernhard.jpg
    simonbernhard.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 692
Last edited:
Back