Who is your favorite drummer(s)

Vinnie Colaiuta (of course)
Carter Beauford of Dave Matthews Band
Danny Carey of Tool (such great drumming. wish they would make more positive songs though. i cant get my head to listening to their cynicism for long periods of time.)
Stewart Copeland
Gospel drummers (no one in particular. they all sound the same to me. but i like that sound.)

I'm deciding on my list:

Mitch Mitchell
Andy Ward (massively underrated)
Neil Peart
John Bonham
Ginger Baker
Jojo Mayer
Vinnie (The man, the legend)
Steve Gadd (my idol)
Dave Lombardo
Gene Krupa
Buddy Rich
Brad Webb
Ringo!
Dave Weckl...
It goes on and on...

Who's that at # 3?

Hmmm... :-|

Ronnie Tutt
Steve Jordan

Hi Bosphorus.

You can do no wrong with your picks for favorite drummer(s). Remember, it's favorite, not best. To me, anyone can be a favorite, but I don't think anyone can be the best. There's just too many variables. There's always a drummer that can do what another cannot. Check out my articles (in one of my posts above) where I talk about this. My favorite is Neil Peart. Is he the best? Hard to say! Hard to measure.

Drum on!

Very well said. I'm always saying how my favs are people like Aquiles Priester and Neil Peart. Then, someone might say something like they are nothing compared to certain other drummers. But like you said. It's not about who's the Best, if there is such a drummer. This is about personal favorites. At least on this post anyway. :)

Very well said. I'm always saying how my favs are people like Aquiles Priester and Neil Peart. Then, someone might say something like they are nothing compared to certain other drummers. But like you said. It's not about who's the Best, if there is such a drummer. This is about personal favorites. At least on this post anyway. :)

Hey SilverWolf.

I'm currently writing a series of articles rating all of Neil Peart's published solos, worst to best. Here is the initial article:

Neil Peart's Solos Ranked

It's a good read! I've rated eight through six so far. And yes, my favorite drummer remains Neil Peart. Honorable mentions:

Steve Smith
Alan White
Alex Van Halen
Thomas Lang
Mike Portnoy

No particular order

Phil Collins
Dave Abbruzeese
Jimmy Chaimberlin
Mitch Mitchell
Bonzo
Dave Grohl
Taylor Hawkins
Nick Mason
Buddy Rich
Matt Cameron
Keith Moon
John Blackwell
Jason McGerr
Ringo
Stewart Copeland
Riley Breckenridge
Sean Kinney
I can't think anymore. I should have never started this. Now I'll just lay in bed and remember everyone I forgot.

Jason Costa, All That Remains
Buddy Rich
Dave Weckl
The Rev, Avenged Sevenfold
Marco Minnemann

Mainly:

Bill Ward.
Carmine Appice.
Cindy Blackman.
Ian Paice.
John Bonham.

I'm new here at the forum so I thought I'd start here...!

for influence - inspiration - innovation

Bobby Colomby - Don't know why more drummers don't recognize him..!

Buddy
Neal
JoJo

Joe English
Michael DeRosier

* Chuck Nusbaum - When I was in 9th Grade High School, he was a Senior and was the "percussionist in band who played the set (also the timps)" He inspired me too..!

Brian Blade.

Sun Ra

Bill Stewart.

Ben Perowsky

Rashied Ali

T.S Monk

Philly Joe Jones

Buddy.

Billi Ward.

Peter Erskine.
e

Last edited:
From c to w:

Billy Cobham
Vinnie Colaiuta
Sly Dunbar
Al Foster
Steve Gadd
David Garibaldi
JoJo Mayer
Alphonse Mouzon
Chad Sexton
Michael Shrieve
Ringo Starr
Grant Calvin Weston

Fav. drummers

hey yall,
I want to know your fav. drummers from famous bands!!! I would Prefer bands from back in the 70's-80's just becuase well........ amazingly that's the music, I an 8th grader, like!!!!:) but my fav. is so Carter Beauford!!! he has the Biggest set I hav EVER seen but anyway who's your favorite???

Back