Joey Jordison

It was joeys idea that the band needed three percussionists, but yeah in my opinion the other two are pretty much just for the show (like the masks and jumpsuits) These two just add some extra low end punch to joeys sound because hes a relatively light drummer...and you know...they hit kegs and stuff

Not a big Slipknot fan, I like my music heavier. BUT, Joey's pretty tight. He's obviously got his thirtytwo's nailed and can roll fluidly.
Apparently Joey plays jazz as well. With or without the mask I wonder? Whatever the case, Joey is right for the band. His drumming completes their sound, Chris and Sean are there to add punctuation, as well as for the showmanship.

Jim said:
Not a big Slipknot fan, I like my music heavier. BUT, Joey's pretty tight. He's obviously got his thirtytwo's nailed and can roll fluidly.
Apparently Joey plays jazz as well. With or without the mask I wonder? Whatever the case, Joey is right for the band. His drumming completes their sound, Chris and Sean are there to add punctuation, as well as for the showmanship.

Thank you, finally someone who agrees my opinion!!

This happens in every generation. In the sixties, people who knew practically nothing about music, and only liked pop music, thought Ringo was the best drummer in the world. "The Beatles are the best and Ringo is the greatest drummer in the world"

Now it's Joey Jordison and Slipknot.

kind of... but it adds volume and sound to the drumming. Joey's drumming is off the hook and if I could have any drummer's powers it would definitely be his...

One question I have, anybody know which bass heads Joey uses? Or which bass heads are the best? I keep breakin mine... any methods on helping the head live longer? Thanks

the only co-drummers you can hear are the kegs and that part in the blister exists with just the snare drum rhythm is by the co-drummers

i think it´s somthing different they do other things than joey but i especially love his drumming style i think i great knows how to use effect cymbals

mediocrefunkybeat said:
Sure, I can't play like Joey and I like to be able to, and sure, he is a good drummer. But then you put him up against Nick Barker and Flo Mournier.. and.. well...

110% agreed. Unfortunately due to the harsh nature of black metal, the drummers get overlooked by the "drum masses", while more popular mainstreem bands like slipknot appeal to the drumming industry because it gives a popular example of a genre that is sadly, in some cases, overlooked.

joey jordison

anyone like him, when i first started playing, he was my biggest influence, but, now, alotta of other drummers are, including jordin m. from as i lay dying. the double bass is what i suck at, but it is my passion. they both rock the db. anyways, who here thinks hes good? or is he too.... "simple"?

Re: joey jordison

DoubleBassUrFace said:
anyone like him, when i first started playing, he was my biggest influence, but, now, alotta of other drummers are, including jordin m. from as i lay dying. the double bass is what i suck at, but it is my passion. they both rock the db. anyways, who here thinks hes good? or is he too.... "simple"?

IMO anyone that can keep a steady DB is worth mentioning even if you don't like his style.

Well..alot people in there dont even know wut Joey can do...

First, he is not a bad drummer (well...some people on this page even told that he suck...well, play like him, judge after). He is by far not my favorite drummer and cant be compare for sure to alot of godly drummer like Berzerker, Cryptopsy, Hate Eternal, Satyricon, Quo Vadis, etc., but dont forget that he isn't only a drummer.
He write songs for slipknot with Paul. He write songs too for Murderdolls (who is one of the suckiest band out there..my opinion.) and he play guitar in that band (well, most guitarist like me will tell u that wut he play in that band is a joke...12 kid can play stand up ...). But when u put all that together, u have a nice complete musician. Finally, i found his drum solo on Disasterpiece great, not the best, but nice to see it live. Well...i think i talked enough..

Hey Sic seems like your from Warrington ha ha fancy that Im just down the road in Widnes, how long youbeen playing?Joey Jordison erm I went through a stage when I was younger where I believed he was amazing but after REALLY listening to him and watching him at live gigs I got bored of him and his technique. Im not bashing him he is good and I havent heard him outside of the band. I now listen to alot more different music and types of drummers which im certain improves ye playing immensley.

OK

Joey Jordison should be one of the top hundred drummers BECAUSE of his popularity. Do you see nile, or archenemy, or meshuggah in the spotlight? NO, of course you dont, because they are obscure. Joey deserves what he has because he did something different to all the other drummers and got famous by doing it (yes Funk/Rap/Mallcore metal was different once). Now, many people can do what he does better than him, and that makes them awesome technilogical drummers, but not particularly interesting drummers, which is why so many metal drummers(and bands) are still in the obscure backwaters of the music business. Joey was new and unique once, and changed metal drumming quite a bit. There is only one metal drummer at the same fame level as him that is better than him, and that is adrian erlandsson(my best friend met him at drummer live and went cymbal shopping with him). But even then, I dont see non-metallers talking about how much they hate cradle of filth, I only see them talking about how much they hate slipknot, which must mean something if complete strangers to the genre know all of the names of the slipknot members. In conclusion, Joey did something that was awesome and got his band famous for it. People try exactly the same things, but are still cursed with obscurity and b-list fame.

Slipknot are good, joey is good

Dennis C, Virgil D and Adrian E are all better tho

Joey has a distinct style that is uncommon to many drummers. Not only is he super fast, it seems he has an awesome feel for the drums. I look up to him not only as a drummer but also because he is the biggest influence on Slipknot in terms of creativity. I think he is one of those few musicians who are born with a musical ability; his style is very unique.

Back