Fleetwood Mac show Review

wolfmoon

Silver Member
I saw Fleetwood Mac on 4/15 in Philadelphia. This was a very impressive show. They sounded extremly tight. The production was simple.. nothing very big but that was ok. The music did the talking. They didn't need mass production. They played just over 2 1/2 hours. There was no down time.. just a solid show from start to finish.

Mick's drumming was also tight. He played a 6 piece DW with gold hardware and Zildjian cymbals (including a gong) It appeared that he was using a Remo coated CS on his snares and coated heads on his toms (Ambassadors or Emperors) guessing from the low focused sound, I'd say Emperors. It looked like he had a coated PS on the kick. Now, there was a guy off to his left behind the guitar amps playing something (drum related) I could only see his hands and sticks moving but I didn't hear any percussion to speak of so.... I don't know what that was about nor was this guy introduced along with the rest of the band. He may have been doubling his parts with electric pads.. I don't know.

If you have the chance to see this show, go and see it. You won't be disappointed. I'm not a fan, I went with my girlfriend BUT... I'm glad I went. It was a nice break from the loud heavy duty stuff that I like. I'd definitly go again if I had the chance.

Set list

Monday Morning, The Chain, Dreams, I Know I'm Not Wrong, Gypsy, Go Insane, Rhiannon, Second Hand News, Tusk, Sara, Big Love, Landslide, Never Going Back Again, Storms, Say You Love Me, Gold Dust Woman, Oh Well, I'm So Afraid, Stand Back, Go Your Own Way, World Turning, Don't Stop, Silver Springs.

clip from the show .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTvDt2TqTFE

Hey Wolfmoon (come cast your spell on me, lol)

Thanks for posting this about the show! Cool thing to take teh time and come give us a review. I think I'll post one from the John Scofield show I'm going to see tomorrow night.

I've always liked Fleetwood Mac, even though I wouldn't really consider myself a "fan" either. I'd definitely like to see them sometime...

~B

very cool man my friend went to that show, someone else from the Philly area!

Hey Wolfmoon (come cast your spell on me, lol)

Thanks for posting this about the show! Cool thing to take teh time and come give us a review. I think I'll post one from the John Scofield show I'm going to see tomorrow night.

I've always liked Fleetwood Mac, even though I wouldn't really consider myself a "fan" either. I'd definitely like to see them sometime...

~B

Ahhh! You know the song! Cool. Yeah, good time. The oldtimers can still rock with the best of them.. maybe even better just because of all the years of doing it.

My wife and I wanted to go, but to get decent seats in Los Angeles were over $200 each.

We decided it wasn't worth it.

Cool, sounds like a great show. $200 is not to bad if it's someone you really want to see. I know I would pay a heck of alot more to see Zeppelin.

Seems like a small set list for a band like Fleetwood Mac. Too bad they did not do Black Magic Woman, I love their version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ELydnDgKY

Back