Chili Peppers should have stayed home.

T

The Old Hyde

Ive heard of Bruno Mars but never saw him before. What a great job all around by him and his band. The Chili peppers were just a disjointed distraction in the middle of an otherwise classy act. What was the point of them being there for one song? ( and was chad playing to a track? during his double bass thing near the end he did a double handed hit on the snare and tom that made no sound)Hats off to Mars and crew.

Re: Chilie Peppers should have stayed home.

I agree...what an abomination that was...Bruno Mars was great...did not know too much about him..but now I am a fan. A very talented guy! The Chile Peppers were everything but HOT.

Re: Chilie Peppers should have stayed home.

My buddy just posted a picture on FB of fleas bass, it had no plug! not even a wireless!!

Yes just a little game of footie. Americas World Cup, the Super Bowl

Ive heard of Bruno Mars but never saw him before. What a great job all around by him and his band. The Chili peppers were just a disjointed distraction in the middle of an otherwise classy act. What was the point of them being there for one song? ( and was chad playing to a track? during his double bass thing near the end he did a double handed hit on the snare and tom that made no sound)Hats off to Mars and crew.

Yes, they always play to a track. It is the nature of the gig. All the acts do. Bruno's drum solo was likely the only part of the show that wasn't played along to a track.

just the nature of the gig

too much money involved.... and too many time constraints for a technical issue to affect a performance that has so much riding on it

this should not reflect on the artist because it is not their choice

...and by the way the Chili Peppers where a suggestion by Bruno

Interesting. I thought, not only was Bruno Mars spectacular but I thought the Chili Peppers were tight and solid. There is always a secondary act. The "Chilis", I believe, should have either opened with a couple of songs or ... something else... but I thought they were "The Chili Peppers". Time is the dictator of what is performed. Either way, Bruno did a great job of showing the few people that didn't know who he is, what an excellent performer he is.

Interesting. I thought, not only was Bruno Mars spectacular but I thought the Chili Peppers were tight and solid. There is always a secondary act. The "Chilis", I believe, should have either opened with a couple of songs or ... something else... but I thought they were "The Chili Peppers". Time is the dictator of what is performed. Either way, Bruno did a great job of showing the few people that didn't know who he is, what an excellent performer he is.

agreed fantastic performance

Yes, they always play to a track. It is the nature of the gig. All the acts do. Bruno's drum solo was likely the only part of the show that wasn't played along to a track.

at least plug in a wireless with no battery or something.

I Thought that was the best half time show i've seen in a long time.

The lead act (Mars) gets to choose a 2nd act. One act is no longer enough for the Superbowl. They want variety.
Bruno was great, looks like the new James Brown, and good on him for picking the Peppers, who I think did fine. It got very energetic when they came on.

Great performance by both artists, I thought.

Bruno's drum solo was likely the only part of the show that wasn't played along to a track.

Even his solo was prerecorded. He hit two cymbals (one being an O-Zone) and they both sounded the same. The drums themselves sounded like Ocean Way samples or something. There weren't even overhead mics set up, so I'm not sure how the cymbals would have been captured anyway. But he still played the sh1t out of that solo.

Only one of Chad Smith's fills were even remotely similar to the audio, which is too bad since I was looking forward to hearing that ridiculous new kit of his.

I see the practical advantage of playing to the track: Better signal-to-noise ratio (crowd noise) and a guarantee that none of the mics come unplugged in the middle of the set. I still wish someone would do a completely live performance that isn't just some singing over a backing track.

Well thats always the problem,when there are more than one act preforming.
People gona judge.
That act was beter , then that act, his hair was beter ,more tattoos ect ect.
But for what i have seen, the audience liked it,and that is the most important thing of the show.
And that kit of the peppers was just a part off the show,nothing more,plugged in or not ,playbackt or not ,its just for the show nothing more.

The year that Whitney Houston snag the National Anthemn, 1991, both she and the Florida Orchestra were recorded. I just can't see having an entire orchestra dragging their expensive intruments out for a fake show. Not for me. There is too much technology to make things right. I can't comment on yesterdays because I didn't watch.

Well if you're playing to a track you can only LOOK horrible...

They were hotter (I mean musically :)) when they wore just socks. But I guess they wouldn't want to risk a wardrobe malfunction during super bowl...

Back