New Hammerax cymbals

Drumsword

Pioneer Member
I just snagged 2 New Hammerax crash cymbals from the drum shop, (Damn That line of credit) Anyway, they had been there quite some time, and I kept trying them out so they offered me the pair at over $100 off their price, SOOOOOOOOO. here they are.
an 18" hammerax Indigo Ultra dark crash with 2 rivets and a 20" Indigo dark crash with 2 rivets.

They sound absolutely amazing. very dark and shimmering. and highly explosive when laid into, which I don't do as they are paper thin.

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,684
Those looks nice. They are made right here in my backyard but the owner won't let anyone tour the facility. I was going to do a pictorial, but he said no. Love the finish.

One of the best cymbals that I've seen! I hope they sound as good as they look. Do you know what kind of bronze these are made off?

I Really am not sure, I know they sound great and that sold me. I'll try and get some sound clips up.

And Gruntersdad, that sux..You'd think he'd want the publicity, maybe it's an insurance liability?

I Really am not sure, I know they sound great and that sold me. I'll try and get some sound clips up.

And Gruntersdad, that sux..You'd think he'd want the publicity, maybe it's an insurance liability?

I recall GD posting a thread on these about a year ago and that's how I first heard of them. I'm not surprised the maker wouldn't want photos out as they probably do lots of proprietary stuff there.

I would love to have some of these cymbals. I can't believe you got such a good deal on them. Great job!

Thanks DMC, I was surprised they let em go for that much off too.

and KC, is hard to describe.....they are very dark and a longgggg shimmer, almost like hitting a 20" ultra thin gong.lol. The closest I can think to describe it would maybe be a cross between a crash and a china.

Great additions Peter!

From what I`ve heard these Hammerax cymbals sound awesome! I`d like a 22" one...I like the thin, trashy and powerful sound of those.

Generally new companies like Hammerax or Factory Metal seem to succeed impressively on today`s market. Yeah, time for some innovations and new sounds I guess. Our experimental society!

Congrats mate, have fun with these beauties. Btw, from what alloy are they made?

Karl

Wow, those are wild! They look like they're made on another planet. I can't wait to hear some sounds.

What a deal, too...congrats!

Wow, those are wild! They look like they're made on another planet. I can't wait to hear some sounds.

What a deal, too...congrats!

They do look pretty far out, very unlike your typical ho-hum Sabian/Zildjian/Paiste etc. etc. stuff. I would love to try some out but music stores in our area are way to conservative to carry anything so exotic. I'm amazed they'd just be sitting in a drum store for Drumsword to pick them up. He is lucky indeed.

Drumsword, if you ever get tired of having either one of these crashes, let me know and I'd be happy to take it off your hands for a fair price.

I think they rock... so many I'd like to try.

It kind of looks like a pancake, bubbling on the griddle.

They do look pretty far out, very unlike your typical ho-hum Sabian/Zildjian/Paiste etc. etc. stuff. I would love to try some out but music stores in our area are way to conservative to carry anything so exotic. I'm amazed they'd just be sitting in a drum store for Drumsword to pick them up. He is lucky indeed.

Drumsword, if you ever get tired of having either one of these crashes, let me know and I'd be happy to take it off your hands for a fair price.

If I part with either one, you'll have first dibs my friend.

They do look pretty far out, very unlike your typical ho-hum Sabian/Zildjian/Paiste etc. etc. stuff.

Ho-hum? Personally, I like the way my Paistes look... that being said, these are something else. Definitely turn some heads at gigs I would think.

HAMMERAX SEZ...HEY THANKS EVERYONE !
A FEW POINTS-
YES NO TOURS- WE DISCUSSED LAST YEAR. PRIVACY, SAFETY, ETC.
SEVERAL ALLOYS- ALL NEW. NOTHING USED IN THE PAST. DESIGNED FOR RICH SOUND AND TOUGHNESS.
REGARDING THE TWO I SEE HERE- I REMEMBER THOSE. THE 20 IS RARE BUT THE 18 IS PERHAPS ONE OF A KIND. WE USE A DIFFERENT CUP PATTERN NOW.
I THINK THAT WAS A PROTOTYPE.
VERY DARK.
Please keep an eye out over the next few months. Nice things will appear on website.
www.hammerax.com.
thanks again!

So what is new and unique about the alloys? Are we talking some kind of variation on the well known age old Turkish B20 bronze alloy or something more like B8 or B15 etc... Very interesting looking pies... kind of like something off the set of the Lord of the Rings movies meets bronze cymbals.

Last edited:
Back