Familiar with the Vater FatBack 3a?

MaDaBe

I use this stick and it's got a hell of a big head on it and it seems to be denting my heads too much. Anybody know of a similar stick but without the heavy duty tip.

I use this stick and it's got a hell of a big head on it and it seems to be denting my heads too much. Anybody know of a similar stick but without the heavy duty tip.

I just threw a pair of those out yesterday. They were done. Didn't have a problems denting heads. What heads are you running?

Emperors.
I used to play the ProMark 747.
I like the FatBack's beefiness. Maybe I'll just get used to it. It's not denting them drastically but enough that I'll have to change them more than with the 747s.

yeah. I AM a heavy hitter and the music I play is loud and hard. I think it's just the bigger tip on that stick.

Are your toms angled quite steeply?
If so, this causes heads to dent much easier.

Agreed, play off the head rather than through it.

You must be doing something wrong technically as mylar is one hell of a tough material and emprors are 2 ply.

well I do play off the head. It's not like the heads are just dented all to hell, just a dent here and there and I think it's just an errant whack with the stick. Playing the 747s never dented the heads right away. I don't play with a rack tom, Just two floor toms. Actually it was more the Ambassador I had on my snare drum that got the most abuse. I threw an Emperor X on there.
I just want to know if anyone knows of a similarly sized stick without the big round tip.

Back