EC Reso?

DrewTheShoe

Anyone heard/ tried these out before?
I'm intrigued by them, and by what Evans is feeding me I would like them, but I'm still against the thought of even a slightly muffled reso head.
Any thoughts?

Got to youtube.
type in bob gatzen reso heads

And he has a demo with that head there

your welcome

Thanks dude, those vids helped out a lot!

Of course, while I would trust Bob Gatzen with my life, he is playing them though a well mic'd, accoustically sound studio.

Has anyone heard an EC Reso in real life?
I'd love to experiment with them, but I don't want to throw my money into a big pile of fail.

Got to youtube.
type in bob gatzen reso heads

And he has a demo with that head there

your welcome

Do you have a 12" tom?

Buy it for that and if you like it than buy the rest.

Don't know if this is great advice but seems so to me.

I don't know why the overtones are so dreaded, they are the personality of the drum. I am firmly in the camp of lively toms, no muffling whatsoever.

actually depending on what sound and style of music you want it for, they might work pretty well for the bigger toms, 16 for sure, and maybe 14. but i like my higher toms, especially my 10 on my jass kit, to have more overtone because it gives it more character and more ... pop... i want to say. thats probably not the best way to describe it, but it could work haha.
anyway, it might be worth a shot on a lower tom with a thicker or more muffled head on top like the ec2 batter or something especially. but thats just my opinion and speculation.

Back