What's the story behind your user name?

cdrums21

Gold Member
After seeing all of these crazy, funny and clever user names of you guys posting on drummerworld, I was curious to know the inspiration and/or story behind why you chose your user name. Mine is pretty boring. The "C" part is for my first name, Clint. The "drums" part is obvious and the "21" was my favorite number and my number that I chose for all of my uniforms when playing sports when I was younger. How about you? What's your story?

My name is Vincent Simmons. So its just a shortened version of my name.

well, i'm a chick who drums and 435 (when pronounced four thirty five) just rolls off the tongue.

I used to play bass as well as drums, so I just put the two of them together four string drums.

I used to be massively into John Bonham so I got mine from the song 'Foursticks' of the IV album. Nowadays I ain't so much into him that much....Ah well.

I made my my drummerworld account when i ordered my iron cobra pedal. I really hate my name I wish i could change it.

My name is Philip, I'm 6'6" and 105kg. So Big Phil would fit me well... but then a friend suggested Big Philly 'cause it looks a lot like Big Willy... Big Willy Style is a Will Smith album. And the user name originates from the time when I started doing a bit of graphical manipulation / designing as a hobby. So Big Philly Style would be the style of my work... haha

I am the drummer for a contemporary Christian rock band "Spirit of Grace", S.O.G so
SOGdrummer it is.

You can find a lot of this info on the introduce yourself thread...

Contrary to what one might think, i am in no way a "groceryman," and i do not sell anything for a living... I'm only 16 anyways... i just think its a cool, anonymous username.

I use to photograph weddings, local sporting events, etc. Negative Attitude was the name of my company.

That's hilarious! What a clever name for a photo company, although I think it may have cost you some business. That reminds me of a guy I know who calls his audio production company "About Phase".

Anyway, I live in Kansas City, I'm a drummer, that's about all there is to it.

When my son, who is now 38, was about one year old he would go around making this noise with his mouth, that I called grunting. So he became Grunter. I called him this until he was about 18, when his girlfriend, now wife, wanted to know the story, and now I only call him that in private. Hence Grunters, Dad. or Gruntersdad. His son is now 2 1/2 and loves trucks and bulldozers etc, all called "diggers" So his Grandpa G, me, calls him Digger.

Edit: Maybe the ones with names they don't like, can talk the Mods into having, Name Amnesty Week. Where you can change your name with out punishment.

mine. i really dont know. lol. i think there was a tape back in the 90's that i listened to as a baby and i think it was called mr. bojangle's. but i really dont know. lol. i just like the name bojangleman.

Alex

Well there was the version by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and there was one by Sammy DavisJr. Both were very popular. So are you more of a Dirt Band kinda guy, or a showman like Sammy?

Back