Tonight Show and Signet Kit

opentune

Platinum Member
Anybody notice the new Ludwig Signets made it on as Questlove's kit on the new Tonight Show last night? That ought tosell some of those kits.
Always liked his setups and sound. Anybody know his cymbal choices?

I've seen that color in person and it didn't look that great. I thought it looked great on the show last night though.

I did not see that but I did get to check one of these kits out and they are pretty nice. The toms sound great even with stock heads they are nice and warm. However the bass drum on the kit I played sounded a bit thin but that could be fixed with some better heads. I was so impressed I almost bought it. However I am waiting to see how well the lugs hold up first. They seemed solid but I am still a little worrisome

Anybody know his cymbal choices?

According to Wikipedia:

14" A Zildjian & CIE Vintage crash Hihats
20" Oriental Crash of Doom
24" K Light Ride

There is a Vic Firth artist spotlight video where you can get a look at his cymbals. I'm not familiar enough with all of Zildjian's models to ID them, but I'm sure others can.

According to Wikipedia:

14" A Zildjian & CIE Vintage crash Hihats
20" Oriental Crash of Doom
24" K Light Ride

There is a Vic Firth artist spotlight video where you can get a look at his cymbals. I'm not familiar enough with all of Zildjian's models to ID them, but I'm sure others can.

mycymbal.com is selling a ?uestlove combo that he uses frequently of a Crash of Doom stacked with a 20" Medium Thin Low K Con Ride. He also uses this combo with a tambourine sitting on top of it.

I actually just got my Signet gigabeat in the other day. Haven't had a chance to set the whole kit up yet but i did put the 12" tom together and I was really surprised as to how sturdy the drum felt. I expected the quality to be good but once the whole drum was together I couldn't tell a difference between this and any high end kit i have ever played (in terms of sturdiness anyway). I was especially surprised at how hard i had to push to get the lugs in. Very snug.

Back