best kit for £500

shintobloke

Hi folks. Just put a deposit on a Yamaha Stage Custom. Won't come into stock for about 2 months so have got time to change mind. Anyone know much about these kits. Are there other kits for the £500 price mark that you could recommend over the Yamaha. I am just learning and this will be my 1st ever kit. I don't want to have to upgrade in a couple years so just want the best kit for the money in that price range that will last me many years. If i ever get good enough to gig then i would consider upgrading. I have done some research on the net and in magazines so i didn't put the deposit down blindly, i'm just a little worried wether i made the right choice. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanx.

According to the latest exchange rate, that translates to Canadian $960.19, although I find things tend to be more expensive in England regardless of the exchange rate. The Yamaha is a good beginner/intermediate kit, but I guess some more information would be helpful. Does that include a snare? Stands and other hardware? The last time I was in England, you could get a Premier Artist Series (I think is what they called it) that was 100% maple for the same price or even less. Those would be a little bit of a step up, in my opinion. Here, at least, you can get a 100% birch Ludwig Accent CS Custom Elite for about $700-800 that includes a snare and hardware package. I don't know about their availability over there.

Hi Shoedaddy. The kits you mentioned cost at least £600 unfortunately. Out of my price range, I need to leave some cash spare for cymbals. Thanks anyway.

You can buy some seriously good drumsets as a shellpack (no hardware) and save loads. I found this website drumkitsdirect.co.uk One example: Mapex Pro M, £650 new, which in itself is a deal. Without hardware, £425.00. I know that's what I'll be going for when the time comes. Have a look around there, there's some great deals, and nearly all kits can be specified as a shellpack.

You can buy some seriously good drumsets as a shellpack (no hardware) and save loads. I found this website drumkitsdirect.co.uk One example: Mapex Pro M, £650 new, which in itself is a deal. Without hardware, £425.00. I know that's what I'll be going for when the time comes. Have a look around there, there's some great deals, and nearly all kits can be specified as a shellpack.

Hi mate. Ta for the info. Actually getting another kit now, Yamaha don't do the stage custom anymore and aren't going to replace it anytime soon.I'm staying loyal to my local shop and they had in stock a Mapex VX rock kit with hardware and some Paiste PS3 cymbals.A 20" medium ride and i think there is a 16" and 14" crash cymbals and Hi Hats. all hardware too, and a throne. Getting it for £499. I like to think that is a canny deal. Can't afford to buy outright though so i'm having to pay in installments as i can't get credit. Can't wait to get it though and start playing.

Great deal! Nice one.

Back