Ludwig Oyster Pearls

wooltonboy

Pioneer Member
I just hooked up with a really fine Beatle cover band called The Britles here in the Toronto area.
Of course i had to go out and find the appropriate gear, and I found a used Ludwig Classic Maple in Oyster Black Pearl that was in excellent condition.
Sizes are 9x13, 16x16, 14x22 and unfortunately a 6.5x14 snare ( I really wanted the 5x14 to be more authentic). The wrap is not as blatently bad as the newer "bowling ball" ones I see, and from a short distance actually looks pretty good. You may notice that the front hoop has the inlay and the rear does not. This kit came with just black hoops so i borrowed an inlayed hoop from a Ludwig Accent fab Four kit that we use for rehearsals.
We just played the British Isles Show in Toronto this past weekend to a huge crowd, and we were received very well.
If you want to hear us, http://www.youtube.com/user/wooltonboy Sorry for the poor sound quality, as they were taken with a small digital camera, plus the hall sounded like a cavern!
Cheers
Phil

Attachments

• britles drums.jpg
    britles drums.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 546
  • britle2.jpg
    britle2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 522
  • britle3.jpg
    britle3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 521
  • britle4.jpg
    britle4.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 515
  • britle5.jpg
    britle5.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Very nice! That is my favorite finish on a drum. Plus you found a maple one. I'm sure it sounds amazing.

Nice indeed. The bass drum head is genius. Good idea there and you sound good as well.

That was fantastic!. Music was spot on. I'm standing up right now and screaming like a 14 girl!
May I make one suggestion....lose the glasses and get a Beatle wig, ok, two suggestions.

Very nice! That is my favorite finish on a drum. Plus you found a maple one. I'm sure it sounds amazing.
They do sound fab...a lot better than the Accent ones we use at rehearsals

Nice indeed. The bass drum head is genius. Good idea there and you sound good as well.
Thanks GD. Amazing no-one else thought of that name...fits really well!

Love the kit. Great job on the cover too.
Thanks!

That was fantastic!. Music was spot on. I'm standing up right now and screaming like a 14 girl!
May I make one suggestion....lose the glasses and get a Beatle wig, ok, two suggestions.
I actually wore the wig thing with a different tribute last year, and no, it wasn't good! Not at 54 years old and 6'3" anyway...lol

The cover of "She Loves You" is nearly perfect! Good job!
Thanks so much...they are a great group of Lads!

excellent kit! you guys sound great. Immediatley looking at pictures you know it's the beatles. I love how everybody has the correct looking equipment. Your "paul" is really awesome too!

Thanks for all your nice comments people! It's a passion for me, and something I've wanted to do for years and years.
To me, NO-ONE can duplicate that Ringo sound and style, but it's sure fun trying!!
Cheers
Phil

Great kit, and great job!!

Those left handed drummers are fun to try and duplicate in a lot of spots (I play in a Cheap Trick tribute band), it's not always as easy as you'd think!

Sometimes the hands don't go the direction your ears are telling them to go!

Have fun Ringo!!

Back