Which ekit is best for..

bluelightnin6

Okay so I have been playing drums for around 3 years. Unfortunately I have very limited time openings due to grouchy neighbors.. I have finally given up on acoustic (for now) and need an electronic set. I have had an ekit in the past, a very cheap one. It was like 250bucks and I hated it. The pads literally felt the same as these rockband games. I'm considering buying the Yamaha DTXplorer used for $500 off of ebay. The thing I see with this kit though is that the pads look AWEFULLY similar to the very cheap, rubbery/plastic pads that my old cheap set had. I wouldn't think a $500 USED Yamaha set would be anyway near as bad as a cheap offbrand set..BUT.. I would like opinions from someone who has actually used the Yamaha set please...I do realize there are obvious choices that are much better but my budget right now is around the $600 and less range. Also, this will be used mainly for practice and a little bit for jamming sessions with my local band (band for fun..)..but I would still like a decently realistic feel so that I can actually do drum rolls and etc.. without it missing half my shots..

a yamaha DTX would be pretty good for that kind of money. could try to find an old roland TD-3 too.

do you need a drum module as well?

Yamahas are fine. Go to a guitar center and try one?

I got my Roland td3 for $400 on craigslist over a year ago. Play it nearly every day and it's held up fine.

Back