Mixer advice for live playing with click

Trexkit

Hi - I'm a drummer looking for advice on what brand and size of mixer to buy for a live application with tracks. I need to be able to hear 1) the click 2) the backing tracks 3) the rest of the band and 4) my electronic kit when we play smaller venues. I want my own mixer to control the sound volume of each of the 4 so I don't have to rely on someone else at the main board. I'm looking to spend less than $200 CDN. Thanks for any and all comments.
G.

I agree with New Tricks, but don't forget to test that the mixer you chose can provide sufficient headphone volume. Not all do.

Also consider the Rolls 351 headphone amp. Lers say you get a monitor signal from your bands mixer with band, backing and drums premixed, then you can add the click on a separate channel on the Rolls.

thx

jorn

Gents - Thanks very much for the input. I should have given more detail about the mixer. I want it to have volume control for each of the 4 things I need to hear. My bassist loaned me his Mackie 402-VLZ3 and while it was great, I was rehearsing with an acoustic kit so I could adjust only click and track volumes. Is it because it's acually only a two channel mixer because of the number of XLR jacks? Do I need a mixer with 4 XLR inputs?
G.

You can pick up a Behringer 6 channel for pretty cheap (less than $200) and it will do everything you need to do. You will have individual gain and level control for each channel and you can adjust the headphone level independent of the output levels.

I play through a Mackie 1402, which is pretty spendy, but something along the lines of a Behringer 1604 is a good product for a good price.

Thanks very much for the direction, that's awesome. It helped me find a Yamaha MG102C that will accomplish the same thing. Thanks to all for your time.
G.

Not a direct answer to your request but any backing tracks I have used has the click embedded in them. Is your click separate from the backing track? If so, how do they stay in synch?

Thanks very much for the direction, that's awesome. It helped me find a Yamaha MG102C that will accomplish the same thing. Thanks to all for your time.
G.

That is exactly what I use with my in ears and it works perfectly without the need for a headphone amp. It's a great little mixer at a very affordable price.

Back