New Slingerlands

New_Barbarian

Just scored these 1975 Slingerlands , in mint condition . Looks like they were played a little and sat for the better part of 30 years , all original heads still on it , and all parts , and hardware original , and intact, Never saw a kit that seems as though it sat for that long untouched . Just finished a good cleaning on them, which was just grim, no pitting or rust. Tried somthing different, MeGuiars ultimate compound, yep compound, yes it's safe and it blows away NeverDull, and Flitz for chrome, and fantastic on the wrap. Very safe to use, and it made the whole kit pop like nothing I've ever used.

Attachments

• IMAG0613.jpg
    IMAG0613.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 524
  • IMAG0612.jpg
    IMAG0612.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 525
  • IMAG0617.jpg
    IMAG0617.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 541
My God those look like they have been vacuum sealed in plastic in a warehouse somewhere.

Beautiful kit ... now fess up ... what did you pay ??? (then, we'll cry...)​

Paid 600.00 , I know Slingerlands dont always command a high value, but seemed like a real good deal , and when I saw the condition , I was speechless. Lol hope I did good. Thank's

Excellent price for those tubs. And I think those are still the thin shells ... with the re-rings? I know Ludwig switched to stadium shells in 76 ... and Rogers, in 78. And I think Slingerland "followed", rather than "lead" that trend. I think 81 was when Slingerland jumped to the 5 ply ... but between 78 and 81 ... both 3 and 5 ply shells were available.​

Yes, 3 - plt with re - rings . Thank's I thought it was good even that the snare wasnt included.

Attachments

• IMAG0610.jpg
    IMAG0610.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 469
Why do I never find deals like that???

Beautiful drums, but lets face it: we've all seen slingerlands before, let's hear some sounds!

Excellent pick up!!

They look like they rolled off the factory floor yesterday afternoon. The condition is immaculate. After 36 years, I'm staggered at the condition of them.

Enjoy!!

I was told the original owner had passed away , and his son had sold the set to a music store , looks like the set was just left up all those years in the corner of the room , since some of the wrap have faded to a cream color, only the floor tom is still bright white. They were also originally bought, and stayed in the Chicago area. Best guess is the owner lost intrest , and just let them sit.

Those are great drums. However, the tom mount is about the worst ever made. I used to have a 70s Slingerland bass drum and 12" and 13" toms with the same tom mounting system. Congrats the the nice tubs. Peace and goodwill.

Thank you, yes that design leaves alot to be desired. Toms all cleaned up, and polished.

Attachments

• untitled770.JPG
    untitled770.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 280
Back