Seeking lightweight quality pedal with ...

Wow Pol, somehow, I just couldn't imagine you buying anything with a title such as "Detonator", unless you're going back to your rock roots of course.

Haha - like using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. It's a great pedal but I have to say that it doesn't tick the "lightweight" box; it's deceptively heavy.

Agree tml_fan_5, I loved my old Speed King.

Hi Unfunky

Here's the Trick pedal update. I'd found a setting that I like - not all that far from the preset, just a bit looser. It gives total control over pedal angle and internal spring tension.

Still getting to know it and get my (unfunky) right foot happening but it's a big improvement. I was thinking of changing from my Vintage Bomber beater to a standard felt beater but the only thing in the shop was a DW.

I'd read in a review that the hole for the beater in the Trick fits any beater. Not true. Just spent $50 on the DW felt beater and it's too big for the hole :( I bought a file and sandpaper and will see if I can whittle it down a bit. The felt is harder than my old Speed King too, which isn't ideal for me.

perhaps it is the DW that is off ?

perhaps it is the DW that is off ?

Maybe not off so much as probably some heavy duty thing designed for heavy hitters. It was the only felt beater in the shop ... no wonder Oz retailers are complaining about people buying stuff online from US sites. I think I'll only buy cymbals in shops now. Everything else will be the web.

Back