Travis Smith

Bozzio-v-portnoy

Pioneer Member
This guy plays for the band Trivium. He is incredibly talented. Rediculous speed on his feet, and great timing, coordination and chops. Highly reccomended. The website has some songs/video's available for download. I highly suggest you check them out!

travis is a excellent metal drummer his double bass is soo fast and his fills sound soo cool. and he is in a amazing band to. great drummer reccomend checkin out the site too.

He is a great metal drummer his fills in most songs are crazy not to mention his double bass is faaaaaast. The song A gunshot to the head of trepidation is awesome with the amazing guitar solo's and drumming check the video out!

Travis smith rocks!! his double bass drumming is wicked, especially in Like Light To The Flies. check out the vid. Trivium r a great band.

I agree with u all 100%, Travis Smith is just wicked on his double bass riffs, and the solo at the beginning of "pull harder on the strings of your martyr" is killer also. this dude (along with Trivium themselves) is going to go a long ways in the metal field...anyone disagree?

travis smith rocks, his drumming and amazing double bass is consistent all the way through "Ascendancy".

i went to a trivium gig on friday 10th march and it was the best gig i've seen, the drum solo was absolutly fantastic! incredible speed on double-bass and incredible technique. one of my favourite drummers at the moment

travis smith

Now correct me if I am wrong.....maybe someone posted it already and I was to dumb to find it but I think that travis smith of trivium is really working his way up and should get a mention or two in here.
He is no joey but he is pretty rad and there are alot of things that I try to pick out of his style which has helped me out alot. Things like different timing that give me a better understanding of how joey jordison plays.
Another great drummer whose name excapes me is the drummer for thrice. Both excellent in my opinion.

Re: travis smith

Riley Breckenridge plays for Thrice. I saw him this summer at Warped Tour and he is powerful. Can't say I know who this Travis Smith fellow is though...

cheers.

travis smith

anyone listen to him? he plays for trivium and has insane double bass, he can keep it really fast for a long time, probley about 225 to 250 bpm. he has pretty good fills and is good all around.

(sic) said:
i went to a trivium gig on friday 10th march and it was the best gig i've seen, the drum solo was absolutly fantastic! incredible speed on double-bass and incredible technique. one of my favourite drummers at the moment

I missed the march gig, am going to see them with Iron maiden in december though, am sure it will be amazing! Travis smith is working his way up as is the band, at least when they do take over the world metallica style, it will take a better drummer with them, no disrepect to Lars Ulrich but anyone who has posted in the Lars Ulrich thread will understand what i'm on about. Yeah Travis Smith + double bass = ???!!!!!!speed?????!!!!!

Is it just me or is Travis Smith (Trivium) rediculously good. The real reason that I am posting this is because i cannot figure what he is doing on the opening of "Pull on the Strings of your Martyrs." It is off of the album Ascendancy and if anyone can help me there that would be great, BUT ALSO what are your thoughts on his playing? I personally think that he is the man and I am going to base many more drumbeats off of his... style? A.K.A. He is now one of my prime influences. but those are my thoughts, what are yours?

Hes got some quick feet thats for sure. i think on the pulling strings song he does a double bass roll and then does a wicked fast tom fill. but dont qoute me on that cause i dunno for sure.

Ashton Drum's said:
His feet may be fast but there no where near as fast as the

SEARCH BUTTONS

haha right you are! I think the guy from opeth has faster feet . i dunno his name though :(

Back