Scammer on eBay

75sling

A couple of weeks ago I placed an ad on Cragislist out of Boston. I was selling my DW Emerald Onyx Kit. I included two pics of the kit that I porsonally took with a Sony digital camera.

A week later, I was on Ebay looking at Jazz Kits and I see an ad with my photos. It was being sold by DrumTech Ny. They stole my pics. I started communicating with DrumTech NH via "Ask the seller a Question" option. Before the third email was exchanged, I was asked to give them my Paypal account number so "DrumTech NY" could start to speed up the process.

I have all the emails saved from them. I placed an ad on Ebay with the same two pics as I had included with the Craigslist as well as a third pic, and challanged DrumTech NY to post a fourth of the kit which i knew they could not. I also challanged DrumTech NY to post the serial numbers of the shells which I again knew they could not.

DrumTech NY is a SCAMMIG organization. Stay away from them.

If anyone else has had a similar experience with DrumTech NY or others, I would encourage you to share your experience.

Thanks
75sling

Re: SCAMMER ON EBAY

Hey Sling - I remember posting on eof my unused DW Tom Stands on eBay .... a few days later I saw a picture that looked familiar.. it was a shot of my stand setting nect to a specific back drop ... My opinion is the problem lays a lot with eBay because they "offer" a link which says "Selling the same / similar item" . I think this allows a perspective seller to ROB photos and descriptions for their own use .. I agree , It's not fair !

Dw_Drummer

Any photo that you post on the net can easily be moved and used by someone else. It's as simple as clicking and dragging the pic to the photo files in your computer. They won't get away with it for long. EBAY will ban them. Did you report them to EBAY?

What if he has the same drums for sale but decided to use your pic rather than take one himself?

There's not enough evidence to indicate a fraud has taken place.

What if he has the same drums for sale but decided to use your pic rather than take one himself?

There's not enough evidence to indicate a fraud has taken place.

No, but there's enough evidence to get his listing taken down if he can't prove the existence of the drums with another specific photo of them.

I've seen this happen a few times. The only thing that will happen is that the ad will be taken down. It probably is just for picture purposes, unless their intention was to sell what was in the picture.

I've seen a thread on a different site on this particular seller you are talking about. I believe if you read his feedback it is all great except the 2 recent ones that state, "seller suddenly said product is no longer available". What the guy is doing is he is waiting for someone on Ebay to pay him more than what you are asking on Craigslist. Then he is paying you the difference.

There is definitely something wrong with it, but someone stated on that thread that he literally took a product that was sitting on a floor of a music store. Someone called that store and said he does it all the time.

It was the same two pictures I had posted on craigslist....the same basic description in the ad which i was including a 16 x 16 converted floor tom into a kick drum with maple hoops.

He wanted "my" paypal account to start the payment process....that's not how it works...the buyer starts the process NOT the seller....SCAMMER!!.

He had no intention of selling anything...his only intent was to get someone to pay for the kit and scam the buyer....

I did report it to ebay...3 separate times.....ebay is VERY slow about it. The ad was taken off but there are 50 other ads from DRUMTECH NY

SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

75sling

Yeah, we're talking about the same guy.

Check out his account here: ps119175 or drumtechNY is his store

from drumsmith.com.

So he sees something for sale on Craigs List, lifts the photos, revises the description, creates an auction on Ebay, puts a "Buy It Now" roughly double that of his cost, gets the money, then hopes the item hasn't been sold on Craigs List so he can use the Ebay money to flip the item. He either doubles his money or refunds the Ebayer.

He's got balls, I'll give him that ...

3 Neg rep from Ebay out of 233 positive all drum related. One neg I read says...

2 weeks after I paid drums might not be for sale? Horrible way to do business!! Buyer:
gbpackfan1980 ( 948 [Feedback score is 500 to 999] )
Apr-27-09 19:39
DW KELLER SHELL IN WHITE MARINE PEARL 5PC PRISTINE COND (#200330992910) US $1,695.00

So the guy refunds the money after he finds out the Craigslist item is gone.

Both are correct. The guy has balls and it's a poor way to do business.

Either way, thanks for warning these guys. I wouldn't want to work with this clown.

Yep,

same user names...ps119175 or drumtechNY...what a real DORK!!

I've sent him several nasty emails about the ad he stole from me...he replies back telling me that he's "mounting evidence against" me...I sent him several more nasty notes and he replies back with something like god will punish me....

When I replied and told him I was the one from whom he stole the ad and I kept his replies to me about him asking for my paypal account number and if I could do a wire transfer to him and asked him "how the evidence against me was coming" and if he had reported me yet....NO reply back...

What a real DORK!

"ps119175 or drumtechNY".........YOU REALLY SUCK!!

75sling

Franksdrumcircle looks like a trustworthy seller. The pictures feature his company banner in them and the feedback score is good.

The OP's scammer though, just isn't.

I've seen other threads about Drum Tech NY. He posted adds on ebay for kits he didn't own, but were listed on CL. And he was charging ttwice as much as the owner was. One guy posted CL ads from Tampa and I think St. Louis to show what a trolling scam artist this guy is. I sent him some emails telling him as much. But no replies.

I think it was Steamer that had a few Istanbul photos copied from some schmuck so I emailed him and he said he saw nothing wrong with it. He had the wrong description with the wrong cymbal, and asked him why he was too lazy to post his own pics. He moaned something that was not coherent. The internet has provided lazy thieves just another avenue to make money. If possible, put a watermark on your photos. Most software provides a method. It puts your name faintly across the photos, then, if used, they are guilty of copyright infringement.

If you guys want to bust him, attacking him isn't going to do it. You must play along and get him to PURCHASE the kits in question THEN let on to the fact that you have NO intention of buying from him.

Then he's got money tied up in a kit that he's paid too much for. He MAY actually have to sell it at a loss due to the market being soft.

You've got to beat him at his own game. If you attack him he'll just block you from bothering him. Hopefully he won't catch on that you've caught on to his game.

Hey Sling - I remember posting on eof my unused DW Tom Stands on eBay .... a few days later I saw a picture that looked familiar.. it was a shot of my stand setting nect to a specific back drop ... My opinion is the problem lays a lot with eBay because they "offer" a link which says "Selling the same / similar item" . I think this allows a perspective seller to ROB photos and descriptions for their own use .. I agree , It's not fair !

Dw_Drummer

This is not what happens with that features. It just sets you up to sell in the same section as the item.

75sling,
What you could have done was wait for the auction to be over then email the winning bidder telling them what this seller has done. They'd probably be much happier paying you less for the actual item and leaving him negative feedback.

The guy must actually sell some stuff since there is lots of positive feedback, but the 97% rating and negative comments would be enought to put me off buying anything from this seller.

This is not what happens with that features. It just sets you up to sell in the same section as the item.

75sling,
What you could have done was wait for the auction to be over then email the winning bidder telling them what this seller has done. They'd probably be much happier paying you less for the actual item and leaving him negative feedback.

The guy must actually sell some stuff since there is lots of positive feedback, but the 97% rating and negative comments would be enought to put me off buying anything from this seller.

Although you won't get banned or anything, you're not supposed to e-mail someone about what they just bought.

Here's what I would have done,,,,

Wait for the ebay auction to end with a sell. He then has to contact you via craigslist to buy "your" kit to send to the ebay buyer. Plan a time and place to meet him to exchange your kit/money but show up with nothing but your heaviest cymbal stand and teach him a lesson. I bet he wouldn't continue his practices!

Here's what I would have done,,,,

Wait for the ebay auction to end with a sell. He then has to contact you via craigslist to buy "your" kit to send to the ebay buyer. Plan a time and place to meet him to exchange your kit/money but show up with nothing but your heaviest cymbal stand and teach him a lesson. I bet he wouldn't continue his practices!

You could like stall for a month or something and when he starts getting impatient just say "what's wrong? Are you in a big rush to buy it or something?!"

Back