E-Kit for beginner

nickadam814

Im thinking around 400-600 will get me a good beginner e-kit. Any suggestions would be great. Side Note: havent told my parents that im going to start taking lessons on friday, i have asked for a drum set before and they said no. so i think one of my only options is going to be an e-kit, but im going to tell them tomorrow that im going to take this seriously and see what they say

Im thinking around 400-600 will get me a good beginner e-kit. Any suggestions would be great. Side Note: havent told my parents that im going to start taking lessons on friday, i have asked for a drum set before and they said no. so i think one of my only options is going to be an e-kit, but im going to tell them tomorrow that im going to take this seriously and see what they say

Yay, good for you! Be careful with "seriously" though: if they're anything like me they'll think "Career - yikes!" Try something like "I want to do it properly".

My first kit was a Yamaha DTXplorer or something. I don't know what it cost new because it was a present, but I sold it last Christmas for £250 which I think was rather a lot, as I know somebody who bought one for £180, so I'd imagine you could pick one up for what you have to spend. It did the job, but there are better ones, although they come with a hefty price tag.

Good luck - let us know how you get on :)

Back