Website suggestions

Masheanhed

Wanting to have a website for the band I am in and wondered what suggestions you guys (and gals) might have as a good one to use. We are just playing locally so it does't need to be some big elaborate set up. Mainly a place for photos, bios of the band (hey ya gotta have that), some MP3s, maybe some videos, and a calendar. I'd like to be able to have some good fonts to use. Oh, and I'd like to keep the cost per month fairly low.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

A static page without multimedia can be cheap, you may find mp3s and video are expensive to host unless you're uploading to youtube as well. I would say if you want something that's not an eyesore to stop the delusion of it being cheap or a small amount of work to implement (DIY). Not having flash or anything is a good way to keep costs down, you may want to find a reasonable host provider at a flat monthly rate as your basic maintenance rate, provided you can maintain it yourself. Good websites aren't trivial, bad websites turn away gigs.

I would say if you want something that's not an eyesore to stop the delusion of it being cheap or a small amount of work to implement (DIY).
No delusion on my part on either. I just don't need one on the scale of Aerosmith.

I have one from here ($20/month):

http://www.dynamod.com/

It includes flash and embedded mp3 player, etc..... Pretty easy to use and set-up. As with all template based websites, there are limitations. But you can definitely get something reasonable going I'm sure.

Last edited:
Back