Aquarian drumheads in Canada?

Tyger

Hey everyone!

Does anybody know where to get Aquarian drumheads in canada, particularly in toronto and the GTA? Tried searching the net but only found a wholesaler. L&M shows a selective few on their site but nothing I'm interested in.

I first tried a few evans heads...G2's, EC2's coated and clear, Onyx....they seem to die after a short period. I switched to Remo pinstripes recently and quite like the sound.

I'm willing to give aquarian a try as it was recommended...but can't find them here.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Try Steve Music in Toronto ! Last time I ordered Aquarian from an externally dealer, it was L&M in Ottawa and they had vast selection.

L&M has them but their distributor is way too slow. It took me amonth to get my super2 clears. the distributor doesn't stock them you have to order them and they will order them from Aquarian. So yeah your looking about amonth.
The aquarian classic clears were sent over right away, the distributor had them in stock. (used them for resos).
All I can say is they were worth the wait.

Thanks for the info guys! I'll try L&M, there is also a cosmo music near my work, I know a couple of the guys there so I can inquire with them.

Anyone ever get them off ebay? If so what was your experience?

No haven't bought them from ebay because it would be too expensive with the shipping. Just go to L and M or cosmo and order them right away, the longer you wait the longer it will take to get them.

Just an FYI I inquired with Just Drums in Willowdale and they stock Aquarians there, they still haven't gotten back to me though on what was in stock. Once I find out I will keep you guys posted. They can also order them if need be.

Order them from musiciansfriend.com. They now ship aquarian heads to Canada, and even with the cost of shipping and customs they're cheaper than buying from inside of Canada, in my experience anyway.

Order them from musiciansfriend.com. They now ship aquarian heads to Canada, and even with the cost of shipping and customs they're cheaper than buying from inside of Canada, in my experience anyway.

I don't know about that, Long and mcquade has great prices for Aquarians. I would do a comparison and then decide.

Hey Stitch,
I'm interested in how you do at Quest Musique. I ordered a guitar pedal there before, and it took 2 months before it was in my hands, and it took a couple emails, always coming back with - we expect it in tomorrow. They are quick to respond by email.

In the GTA, Just drums is best for selection from my experience, although I don't use Aquarians. You could also try LA Music - Hurontario and Lakeshore in Mississauga or Drumland, which is a tiny place up in Woodbridge. Steve's Music is also great. Depends on where you are in the GTA I guess.

I'll keep you informed. You are right they are fast on Email. Got a fast response (from Scott Campbell) telling me they had the HPSN14 in stock but not the TC-14, but they were expecting it next week. So my order should be shipped next week.... We'll see :)

I'm not to close to Toronto, i'm in Montreal. But i called Steve's Music in Montreal and they only have a couple of Aquarians left.

I checked the LA Music website, but they only have 1 Aquarian head available online. To far to go visit them and see if they have a wider selection in store. Thanks for the info and i'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
Cool. Part of my post was more aimed towards the original poster. I am curious if my experience with quest musique was unique.

Have you tried contacting Aquarian directly to see who they ship to in Canada?

I'm sure they would be very happy to hear from you and to learn of your difficulties in finding good local stocks. Aquarian customer service is very good, they appreciate feedback directly from the end user.

Back