mmoroz

I got DTX560K kit, but I guess my headphones aren't good enough for this kit. I tried both Sennheiser PC 350 and JVC HAFX1X.

The sound is never great, but sometimes it crackles, which makes it unbearable. Crackling happens whenever I play drums while feeding a song through AUX IN.

What headphones would you recommend? I'd like to hear the authentic drum sounds, rather than distorted / overemphasized bass. And I'd also like to be able to hear my drums clearly even when a background song is playing. I don't mind paying ~$250 or so, if it really makes a difference.

So far I was thinking to get some open headphones, like HD 558 or HD 598, but I am concerned that they may lose too much bass.

BTW, is there a benefit in feeding the signal from the STEREO output to an amp, and then plug the headphones into the amp - instead of plugging headphones directly into the PHONES output?

Thanks!

It doesn't sound as if the problem is the headphones, but something wrong with whatever you are using to listen to the music you're practicing to if the crackling only happens when you use the aux-in.

Have you checked the connecting cable, and output/input sockets to make sure there are no problems with those?

Back