roland TD-8 vdrums?

ronyd

Silver Member
Keep in mind that I currently own and practice on pads, and a drumkit.

My thinking is for down the road. I'm at an age that I may sell my home, and migrate to a condo (apartment unlikely). With this in mind, playing a drumkit is going to be minimal.

I have a chance to purchase a used (well pretty much new) TD-20 kit from my buddy. Barely used it. His intentions were great, but that's where it ended. He's not a practice kind of guy and rather be on a kit to practice. I know these are very expensive vdrums, but can purchase it less than half what he paid.

I also have a chance to buy the used TD-8. Obviously much less than the TD-20. I'm sure the module on the TD-20 has more capability, and technology has been improved.

But, I like to practice on the pad, and thinking even in my current situation, I can practice on the vdrums instead of the pad.

Any opinons on the the TD-8 or any other thoughts would be appreciated.

How much are we talking? that matters alot.

The TD 8 is 2 generations back now.

I don't have a TD8, but I don't think it works with any of the newer hi-hats. It doesn't "officially" work with them. It works with the FD-7 pedal, and that thing is total garbage, IMO.

My first e-kit was the TD8 based V Custom. For practice, it is a great kit at a reasonable price if that is the kind of deal you're getting. Positional sensing on the snare is there but no rim sounds on the toms. You can set it up using MIDI to trigger VSTi's like Superior, etc. which means you're not missing out on getting the very best sounds available on the market today. Solid for studio or live use as well.

Back