Amp for dtx explorer?

drumkiller77

Hey guys,,i have a yamaha dtx explorer as a practice kit due to me living in a condo and trying to be respectfull lol,i like the kit but am kinda getting anoyed with playing with headphones,ive seen amps but they all seem to be outragously priced,was curious if anyone has maybe tried a cheap keyboard amp,ive seen them for 100 bux,and if it sounds ok,,and what the differirence might be,,also if anyone might have maybe done their own amp n speaker,,any ideas are much appriciated,thanx

I am thinking of getting a dtx myself, and the featured dtx amp would be the best bet. But you could check out any other cheap yamaha amp, they should work well with a dtx kit.

Frankly with the correct cables any form of amplifying speakers work! When I got my DTXplorer there was a period when I was using old dell speakers from a broken PC, with an Ipod dock to increase the volume! As per usual with sounds products the more you spend the more you get, but if you need sound on a tight budget there are more options then yamaha DTX amplifiers and Roland amplifiers! Good Luck!

Yeah i cant see spending too much on my practice gear.just seems like all drum amps are like 300 bux but i can get a small keyboard amp for a 100bux,,just dont know if its gonna sound like total butt like it does through my crate guitar amp lol

Roland makes a small 15 watt personal drum monitor model named PM-01 that goes for about $120 USD. Or at least they used to. I just looked at their website and it looks like they have replaced it with the PM-03, and that goes for more like $200, but Amazon still has the cheaper PM-01 in stock.

Back