drummerworld in drum! magazine

i received the april 2007 issue of drum! magazine a few days ago. inside was an article entitled

"a cyber-slacking guide to online drum lessons". sure enough, drummerworld was one of the featured sites

(as was our own derrick pope's derrickpope.net).

here's the write up in it's entirety:

"Don't know about Drummerworld? That's like saying you don't know about the microwave oven! Bernhard Castiglioni's site is a cyber-mall for free hero worship, mostly, but he also has a great clinic section full of lessons. Many of the artists featured at Drummerworld have clips from their educational DVDs, and Castiglioni has a page for shopping and buying educational DVDs and books. We believe that most visitors go to Drummerworld for the same reasons we do: cool pictures and videos of great drummers. But we might do a lesson next time we're there. Maybe."

Wow good job Bernhard. We are gonna get a huge amount of members all of the sudden i bet from this.

I was actually advising a guitarist friend of mine today to look up some guitar forums and register on a few and see how they are.

I told him that the reason I felt I had improved so much was because I had found this website and forum.

Thanks again Bernhard....and I hope people never stop thanking you and the mods who keep this ship afloat and the members who provide so much inspiration and knowledge too all.

Its great that Bernhard gets the huge credit he deserves from a respected drum magazine. Many congratulations, Bernhard.

However, let's hope this doesn't mean that Drummerworld goes mainstream. Am I the only one worrying about that??

Actually,
Are we even "underground", for that matter?

I think 9000 members and almost every country on the globe is mainstream, and the fact that it was picked last year as number ONE drumming website by Drum Magazines reader poll, let the world know that its out there.

And I posted this last week:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23982

Hmmm...Yeah 9000 people and several nationalities BUT it is kind of a nice secret we all share. You know what I mean? I mean that a lot of the people if not everyone who signs up here has found this page thru their love for drums and eventually (or perhaps immediately) decided to join the forum.

I mean that I hope we don't go "pop", but I DO wish Bernhard his much-deserved accolades.

Is that more clear?

Of those 9000, I think the most that have ever been on line at one time, is around 500 so I dont see anyone getting locked out. And with the job the Mods do I dont see too many agitators or trouble makers getting on and being a nuisance. And who knows that 9001st person may have the answer to your most desirable question.

To be accurate I just checked and its 9560 members and the most is 510....

Last edited:
we have 60000 visitors on Drummerworld daily - and only 300 of them go to the Forum.

Bernhard

i think if you remove registration to forum, and get few active moderators, people will come to forum, I didnt gone to forum about years too. You need to interest people about current drummer:
I always like to watch profiles of dave weckl or steve gadd, you can add some link to their profiles at forum, what people are talking about these drummers, what hardware uses, how does play, or share records, give some links, more photos and etc...

i think if you remove registration to forum, and get few active moderators, people will come to forum, I didnt gone to forum about years too. You need to interest people about current drummer:
I always like to watch profiles of dave weckl or steve gadd, you can add some link to their profiles at forum, what people are talking about these drummers, what hardware uses, how does play, or share records, give some links, more photos and etc...

I'm not sure but it sounds like you are suggesting that we remove registration to the forum in order to get more members. We have found that the registration does not keep anyone away who is actually interested in joining the forum but it does keep away almost all spammers. Believe me, it is not a difficult registration at all compared to some forums. I joined a forum where I had to give all of my information on the registration page, wait for the webmaster to personally review my request to join, wait for him to send me an email, respond to the email within 24 hours, and then post on the forum in the "Welcome" thread within a certain amount of time or my registration would be automatically deleted and my user name and email banned from the site! So you can see that our registration requirements are much more user-friendly.

As for the rest of your suggestions, we are already doing all of that. We have active moderators, we discuss current drummers, and we have links, photos, discographies, etc. The point that Bernhard was making was that if you only visit the forum and you skip the main part of DrummerWorld, you are going to miss out on much of this great stuff. Do yourself a favor if you haven't already and go to the DrummerWorld main page, and then start exploring this amazing site. You won't be sorry.

Last edited:
I have a guy who works for me, that recently found out I am a drummer.

he asked me the other day if i've ever checked out drummerworld.com,

my reply to that was " why of course, it's the BEST site on the net!"

then i said "how about that forum? pretty cool huh? alot of cool members and very informative, lots of regulars from all over the world, all different ages, with one common interest...........a passion for drums, and the art of drumming!"

And he replies " oh, i've been goin' on that site for 6 months and i did'nt realized there was a forum!"

Then I said "are you stupid? check out the forum tonite."

so he did, and he's hooked! ThanX, Bernhard

I'm not sure but it sounds like you are suggesting that we remove registration to the forum in order to get more members. We have found that the registration does not keep anyone away who is actually interested in joining the forum but it does keep away almost all spammers. Believe me, it is not a difficult registration at all compared to some forums. I joined a forum where I had to give all of my information on the registration page, wait for the webmaster to personally review my request to join, wait for him to send me an email, respond to the email within 24 hours, and then post on the forum in the "Welcome" thread within a certain amount of time or my registration would be automatically deleted and my user name and email banned from the site! So you can see that our registration requirements are much more user-friendly.

As for the rest of your suggestions, we are already doing all of that. We have active moderators, we discuss current drummers, and we have links, photos, discographies, etc. The point that Bernhard was making was that if you only visit the forum and you skip the main part of DrummerWorld, you are going to miss out on much of this great stuff. Do yourself a favor if you haven't already and go to the DrummerWorld main page, and then start exploring this amazing site. You won't be sorry.

Old thread or not.

You guys are doing a great job as is! It can't be easy.

I know about 8 or 9 preteen drummers in our neighborhood and I love the fact that I can suggest this site to them and the parents.
For the most part the forum is clean and the haters are few.
I only wish there was a BASS site comparable to DW for my son...

Back