the bluuues. favorite blues record?

B.B.King & Eric Clapton ~ Riding with the king...

they have a good guitarist but i cant stand their vocals. imagine them with leonard cohen as the singer.

also, stevie ray vaughan and george throgood have some good blues. the drummer from the destroyers has such relentless time but rarely does anything interesting....

My favorite blues recording believe it or not comes from Zappa and the Mothers.

Directly from My Heart to You

from Weasels Ripped My Flesh.

This is the real deal for a blues tune for me anyway.

John

I've recently rediscovered this classic: a live version of "I Can't Quit You Baby" from the How The West Was Won CDs by Led Zeppelin. Oh my God. Absolute perfection. Even if you're not a fan, THAT track has it all.

One CD that stays with me...

King King(1992)

Lester Butler on Harp, with The Red Devils

The Song - Automatic (Willie Love)

Killer live recording for the times - Check out the rhythm section. Rough-but-Right, Tough and Solid.

These young cats had "it". You can feel/hear the confidence and the powerful interplay, constantly grabbing at you.

Give a listen to their only CD release - King King

One CD that stays with me...

King King(1992)

Lester Butler on Harp, with The Red Devils

The Song - Automatic (Willie Love)

Killer live recording for the times - Check out the rhythm section. Rough-but-Right, Tough and Solid.

These young cats had "it". You can feel/hear the confidence and the powerful interplay, constantly grabbing at you.

Give a listen to their only CD release - King King
I don't know of too many people who know this record EXISTS, much less enjoy it.

AWESOME raw recording with KILLER tone and energy that's unmatched!! Their shuffles are TOUGH and kick-ass!! MAN'S man type of stuff, gritty and powerful.

One of my FAVORITE records!! GREAT drivin' music except you MIGHT get a ticket for speeding!!

Back