Derrick Pope: Moeller - One Handed Roll - Heel Toe - DrumSet

Re: my moeller video

djp132 said:
I'm going to be sending a proposal to Hudson and other production companies for making a dvd (obviously covering a LOT more than just Moeller). So all the feedback I can get from you folks will be greatly appreciated as it will show that there is a demand for the dvd I'd like to make.
Yeeehaaa! Do it! You'll have great success! And in half a year, when millions of DVDs have been sold, you can spend drummerworld a server-upgrade from your fat bank account :)
Hihi, good luck Derrick!

Re: my moeller dvd

Great video, i would deffenitly want to get a dvd if you were to publish one through hudson or independently. I hope to see you do more on applying this technique to the drumset and how it can be used on more than quick snare rolls. great job

-topher

Re: my moeller dvd

I left a comment on your last thread about this saying you should get in contact with Hudson and I'm really glad you did... well done man !! If you can explain other techniques like you do in that clip I'm definatly up for buying a dvd. Good luck !!

new vid is up! "one handed rolls"

Hey everyone, after the great response i got from everybody for the moeller video I knew i had to do another one. So here it is. First theres a little discussion about some questions i recieved about some specifics of the moeller technique. And then I explain and demonstrate the right hand jojo mayer one handed roll and the left hand buddy rich one handed roll.

As usual, I hope you all enjoy, and all feedback is welcome

www.derrickpope.net/onehandrolls.wmv

Derrick
[email protected]

new vid is up! "one handed rolls"

Hey everyone, after the great response i got from everybody for the moeller video I knew i had to do another one. So here it is. First theres a little discussion about some questions i recieved about some specifics of the moeller technique. And then I explain and demonstrate the right hand jojo mayer one handed roll and the left hand buddy rich one handed roll.

As usual, I hope you all enjoy, and all feedback is welcome

www.derrickpope.net/onehandrolls.wmv

Derrick
[email protected]

Re: new vid is up! "one handed rolls"

your technique is fantastic, let me just say that. YOu have the one handed roll so clean. I can do the right handed roll easily enough, but knowhere near as clean.

great video, easy to understand for any level player. Thanks a lot for sharing!

once again an incredible video, you are a GREAT teacher!

my reccomendation is lets hear you play on that ekit or an acoustic, you can rip hard dude...

or show us some cool stuff like hybrid rudiments and stuff, you know, joe morello tricks. lol.

Very well done. Easy to understand, great camera angles, and well explained. I, too, would like to hear it applied in a musical context. Great job though...thanks for sharing!

Ben

Hey man just gotta say that was just as interesting and inciteful as the first vid on the moeller technique, and i cant w8 to see your next video.

Congrats, great video again. You really go in depth and I really understand matched and trad. now (the price is right too, hehehe). Seriously, that was awesome. Thanks for removing the shroud from this tech.

OOHHH you have to do a heel-toe. I don't really get it and I'm sure after you explaining it I will be blazing at it!

You're a funny guy btw, did you edit it? The "Maybe I should practice matched" and "Derrick is thinking" were both hilarious.

Oh my god,Derrick,you're officially my new favourite superhero :).
*Feel free to sign this*

Awesome video,keep it up.

Another good lesson. Well done! Are those inspirational pictures on the practice set? ; )

Derrick you're a teaching ledgend !! Again you made everything really clear. Haha and liked how you got a bit of comedy in there!! (yes you can tell I posted this while watching the video)

thanks very much yet again, the speed you did that open closed thing with one hand, unbelievable. explained perfectly too

thanks

Dude...thank you so much for taking the time to put that video together...the time and effort was MUCH APPRECIATED!

Back