YOU decide what I buy

805Drummer

Gold Member
My dad's taking me to Guitar Center tomorrow!

Yippee!

Now here's the thing: I have $200.

I would like to spend it on something, and I have a few options:

DRUM THRONE
- $150

254405jpg.jpg

HI HAT STAND - $150

248743jpg.jpg

SIDE SNARE - $150

482150jpg.jpg

So which one do you think I should get?

This is a poll, so just let me know...

I'd go with the roc n soc no question

the throne is very important, im actually gonna pick one up ASAP, which could be a little while but eventually i will

Your throne and HH stand are just fine, trust me. You want the side snare. I have a 6x10 pdp SX in maple, but I would have gotten that exact one if I had the money. (The maple one was just the right price on eBay) You have a good throne, a good HH stand, but you don't have a side snare. 6x10s are sweet, and that one matches your kit really well.

However, I'll bet there's one that matches your kit exactly, and if not, there's the Black-on -black to consider.

Get the throne. Your back 20 years from now will thank you, and your life will be less miserable than if you stay on that Pacific throne.

I reccomend the back rest as well.

That's what I was thinking...

So far I'm leaning towards that.

the throne is very important, im actually gonna pick one up ASAP, which could be a little while but eventually i will

Although I've heard great things about the Roc-n-soc, I'm gonna have to try them out at Guitar Center and see which one is most comfortable.

Your throne and HH stand are just fine, trust me. You want the side snare. I have a 6x10 pdp SX in maple, but I would have gotten that exact one if I had the money. (The maple one was just the right price on eBay) You have a good throne, a good HH stand, but you don't have a side snare. 6x10s are sweet, and that one matches your kit really well.

However, I'll bet there's one that matches your kit exactly, and if not, there's the Black-on -black to consider.

Well, that goes against everything I just heard...

But I'll definitely consider it, depending on what I see at the store. I might be able to go with both the throne and the snare if I can sneak a good deal, but it's not likely. I do have one question, though:

What is the difference between this:

482150jpg.jpg

and this:

255822jpg.jpg

I'm sitting in your same position. I have $100 gift card to GC from my birthday earlier this month. I have a crappy three legged hi hat stand and the same throne, and am looking for a new (main) snare. I've been wanting a new two legged hi hat stand, haven't even thought of replacing my throne, and have been wanting a new snare. I've been looking at the Tama Artwood, don't know what size yet. I don't know what I should buy, especially since I should be saving up for a car.

Get the throne. Your back 20 years from now will thank you, and your life will be less miserable than if you stay on that Pacific throne.

I reccomend the back rest as well.

I'm sitting in your same position. I have $100 gift card to GC from my birthday earlier this month. I have a crappy three legged hi hat stand and the same throne, and am looking for a new (main) snare. I've been wanting a new two legged hi hat stand, haven't even thought of replacing my throne, and have been wanting a new snare. I've been looking at the Tama Artwood, don't know what size yet. I don't know what I should buy, especially since I should be saving up for a car.

Well, let's see if anyone else has a suggestion, and we can be helped together.

Generic, have you ever tried sitting on one of those cheap thrones like the one 805 has for any significant amount of time? I used one for my first year or so playing drums, and had all sorts of back pain. I got my Roc N Soc, and it was gone right away.

Basically, I would not consider his throne to be "fine" at all.

Just looking at your 3 items, I would consider the most comfortable throne you can afford.

I just picked up a 9500TB today. :)

yep throne would be the first thing I would get and I think with the money you have you can get a back rest for it as well. Good thrones make playing more enjoyable and much more comfortable during long periods of playing. That's the one piece of equipment guys skimp on yet it's THE most used piece of equipment and can have the most impact on how you feel while playing

Generic, have you ever tried sitting on one of those cheap thrones like the one 805 has for any significant amount of time? I used one for my first year or so playing drums, and had all sorts of back pain. I got my Roc N Soc, and it was gone right away.

Basically, I would not consider his throne to be "fine" at all.

That's a great point!

Genericusername, you most likely have a nicer throne, which you might take for granted.

Just looking at your 3 items, I would consider the most comfortable throne you can afford.

I just picked up a 9500TB today. :)

Oh wow, how is it? Although I don't think I'll be getting it soon, I was going to go with the 5000 because it's more affordable and almost as good as the 9000s. It would definitely be nice to have a 2-legged stand, though.

yep throne would be the first thing I would get and I think with the money you have you can get a back rest for it as well. Good thrones make playing more enjoyable and much more comfortable during long periods of playing. That's the one piece of equipment guys skimp on yet it's THE most used piece of equipment and can have the most impact on how you feel while playing

Amen, I agree with that. After all of these "votes," I think I'm gonna go with a nice throne (still not sure which one, I'll have to try them all out)and a backrest if I can afford it. Sweet!

Unless you are completely satisfied with your current throne get the Roc N Soc. A sturdy, well-built throne is good for your health and your playing. It's gonna be one of your favorite pieces of gear.

Compare the hydraulic ones to a screw drive you'll be surprised in the difference in comfort the hydraulic will give you ;-)

That's what I was thinking...

So far I'm leaning towards that.

Although I've heard great things about the Roc-n-soc, I'm gonna have to try them out at Guitar Center and see which one is most comfortable.

Well, that goes against everything I just heard...

But I'll definitely consider it, depending on what I see at the store. I might be able to go with both the throne and the snare if I can sneak a good deal, but it's not likely. I do have one question, though:

482150jpg.jpg

and this:

255822jpg.jpg

I have a side snare, and they're really not as fun as everyone says they are. Sure, it's cool to hit once in a while, but there's really not a point in getting one...

First of all, side snare appreciation is subjective, and 805 seemed to like the DDrum.

I own the same throne, and it works great for me. 805 and I are, after all, teenagers.

and this:

The red-on-chrome is steel, and in the SX series. the b-on-b is mahogany/maple blend, and in the 805 series, I think.

Last edited:
Back