Just got a "Drum House". LOOK!

Just two questions, why are you playing into a wall and yes your cymbals are very high?! It turned into just one question and an observation. Having your cymbals as high as that is one very good way of breaking them because of the way you have to hit them.

Dennis

Just two questions, why are you playing into a wall and yes your cymbals are very high?! It turned into just one question and an observation. Having your cymbals as high as that is one very good way of breaking them because of the way you have to hit them.

Dennis

Well I am about 1.5-2.5 feet away from the wall. I do have plans to rotate the kit in the future though! Bass sounds like crap!
My cymbals are high to some, but I cannot get comfy to lowered cymbals. I have them tilted toward me at a 30 degree angle (approximately). I hit them from the top with glancing blows and a "swish/sweep".
I don't think they are in too much danger honestly (They are Z Customs too)!

Thats what this thread is about, not my set. The house!

My mistake, I'll try harder to stay on topic.

Then I'd suggest moving the house slightly and rotating it so the drums were in the center of the room and not facing a wall or corner. You'll get a lot of weird overtones bouncing back at you, especially from the bass drum, if you're too close to a wall.

My mistake, I'll try harder to stay on topic.

Then I'd suggest moving the house slightly and rotating it so the drums were in the center of the room and not facing a wall or corner. You'll get a lot of weird overtones bouncing back at you, especially from the bass drum, if you're too close to a wall.

I do! The bass sounds like "chuck". I will rotate the house though! I'll have to check with construction about when, but I will don't worry! ;)
I think I'll head there after school tomorrow (If I don't have too much homework), and move them around.

I wish I could have a "Drum House" :(

Your kit looks very uncomfortable, looks like you have to do the splits to get on the pedals.

But yeah back to the house, just rotate the drums out to your back is against the wall :D

Nope. I sit just below where my hands go. Pretty close.
ALSO, how did you see my pedals on these pictures?

Ahhh fair enough, it's just looks low in the pictures :p

Well in one picture you can see the bass drum looks about two leg widths too far to the right and in the other picture it looks like the hi hat is really far away from the snare, but IDK if it's comfy then roll with it :)

Ahhh fair enough, it's just looks low in the pictures :p

Well in one picture you can see the bass drum looks about two leg widths too far to the right and in the other picture it looks like the hi hat is really far away from the snare, but IDK if it's comfy then roll with it :)

Haha! I do! Its WAY more comfy than playing with my 10" tom up there along with my 12". Just adds another 10" to spread! (OUCH!)

The house kicks ass.

I think the looks of the spacing on the kit is deceiving. It's a 22" bass drum, with 10 & 12" toms, so the spread would be comfortable I'd think.
Eye level on cymbals isn't that high either, (all) the toms are just low to the bass drum, making everything else look real high.

I agree, rotate the house, no sense in messing up the kit if it's all positioned just right.
:p!

That's super cool! Please tell me you are going to fix the pool though and use it and NOT fill it in! I see so many people that are big wussies anymore because of kids or insurance or other lame reasons to not want a pool. Nice place though.

That's super cool! Please tell me you are going to fix the pool though and use it and NOT fill it in! I see so many people that are big wussies anymore because of kids or insurance or other lame reasons to not want a pool. Nice place though.

LOL! Of course I'll use it! We just finished paving it today. we need to fix a small crack in the side though (uh-oh). It should be done in 3 weeks.

The house kicks ass.

I think the looks of the spacing on the kit is deceiving. It's a 22" bass drum, with 10 & 12" toms, so the spread would be comfortable I'd think.
Eye level on cymbals isn't that high either, (all) the toms are just low to the bass drum, making everything else look real high.

I agree, rotate the house, no sense in messing up the kit if it's all positioned just right.
:p!

LOL! FUNNY! Yes, the toms and snare are all low, and that makes the cymbals look HIGH in the sky.
But, we will move the house. I talked to the contractors. Rotating starts next week ;).

What do you want feedback on?
Haven't we said everything you'd like to know?

By the way, looks pretty good.

Back