Drummers Using a Metronome. A Helpful Questionnaire.

ChrisCox

Hello! I am a drummer and a current student at University. I'm currently taking part in a business project as part of my final year and have designed a questionnaire that will help me with the research for it. The questionnaire is very short and asks some simple tick box questions about some demographic info and how you like to use a metronome when practicing or performing. The survey answers are very brief and are left anonymous. The use of this questionnaire will be purely for research purposes only. If anyone could be so kind as to fill it out it would mean a lot! Thank you very much!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeFKft3d51u3g7M5ezlBUqq--M73gH06FyCoYfiwAj4-11zrg/viewform

Filled it out, sounds more like a marketing questionnaire with the vibration device questions! BTW, there's already a wrist-worn device like that on the market now, and it's pretty unnatural to use.

Bermuda

.......sounds more like a marketing questionnaire with the vibration device questions!........

The very second I came to the income question, I knew you were right!!

Nonetheless, questionnaire completed. Regardless of your true intentions.

I just wish you people would be a little more upfront and less prone to obvious bullshit.........a little less willing to treat us like morons, is all. It would enable me to take you far more seriously in the long run.

I just wish you people would be a little more upfront

True, we seem to get pimped with survey questions that aren't very consistent with the school paper ruse. But in this case, the OP does state it's research for a "business project" that's part of his class. Hard to know if that's true or not, either.

Bermuda

True, we seem to get pimped with survey questions that aren't very consistent with the school paper ruse. But in this case, the OP does state it's research for a "business project" that's part of his class. Hard to know if that's true or not, either.

Bermuda

True, but as per usual, no response from the op. Also, this appears to be a questionnaire about the feasibility of a tactile metronome which, you and I can both agree, just doesn't feel right.

Right. I'm going to fill out the survey with the opposing responses again...

It's a shame. Apparently it's for the University of Leeds. I know two of the music lecturers there (not involved with this, I'd think) and they are possibly the two most intelligent and interesting people I've had the pleasure to meet.

True, but as per usual, no response from the op. Also, this appears to be a questionnaire about the feasibility of a tactile metronome which, you and I can both agree, just doesn't feel right.

Bermuda

Hi guys just to make this a little clearer I am a student at the University of Leeds in my third year and this survey questionnaire is part of degree course. The business project contains no fowl play and it's purely about the experience of creating a business venture and a possible product in something you're interesting in (in my case drums, I love them! I'm a Music with Enterprise student) Thank you very much for filling out the questionnaire all the same!

Right. I'm going to fill out the survey with the opposing responses again...

It's a shame. Apparently it's for the University of Leeds. I know two of the music lecturers there (not involved with this, I'd think) and they are possibly the two most intelligent and interesting people I've had the pleasure to meet.

Thank you for your time all the same :)

The very second I came to the income question, I knew you were right!!

Nonetheless, questionnaire completed. Regardless of your true intentions.

I just wish you people would be a little more upfront and less prone to obvious bullshit.........a little less willing to treat us like morons, is all. It would enable me to take you far more seriously in the long run.

Thank you for your time all the same! Just to confirm I am a student at the University of Leeds studying Music with Enterprise taking part in a business venture. It is not 'real' (or at least I don't think my product will ever become a real thing) its part of the course and about the experience you go through and what it's like to create questionnaires such as this. Thank you very much for filling it out :)

Chris, thank you for responding beyond your initial post! I hope you'll continue to participate, and you'll find Drummerworld members are happy to offer helpful, real-world perspectives on pretty much any topic!

Bermuda

I wish I could help but I've never used a metronome. Don't tell me-I know.

Hi guys just to make this a little clearer I am a student at the University of Leeds in my third year and this survey questionnaire is part of degree course. The business project contains no fowl play and it's purely about the experience of creating a business venture and a possible product in something you're interesting in (in my case drums, I love them! I'm a Music with Enterprise student) Thank you very much for filling out the questionnaire all the same!

Thank you for replying. I will now put in something more useful to you. I appreciate that you've taken the time to explain what's going on.

A lot of the time on here we get hit-and-run posters putting up surveys, claiming they are students whereas actually they are businesses doing market research. If a business wants to use this forum, then they have to check with the moderators first. I have no issue with businesses using this forum, provided they're transparent about their intentions. Sadly most aren't.

Never used a metropolitan gnome, but I have completed a survey. Good Luck!

Hi,
I am doing some research in the form of a survey in order to ascertain the potential of an educational device that I am developing which could potentially help thousands of musicians. I hope that you can help.
This device (Accunome®) will measure and visually feedback a musician's timing whilst playing any instrument, thus helping musicians worldwide to accelerate the skill acquisition needed to play an instrument in time.
Patent pending and still at the prototype stage, I will hopefully be able to produce the device in this country soon.
There is nothing similar on the market that offers the versatility of this device, which feeds back a musicians timing in such a visual way, or that has the option of projecting a timing display onto a large screen.
Please let me know if you can help.
You can contact me at - [email protected] and I can send you the survey.
Or you can use this link - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LYkSrbZqq5D5jOKohjFrUGknUQAk6PWhJUf_NOj8aRA/edit
Thanks again – Pete Lindemere Bmus PGCE
Accunome® Features

VISUALLY DISPLAYS YOUR TIMING ON ANY INSTRUMENT
SHOWS IF YOU ARE PLAYING ON THE BEAT
INSTANTLY FEEDS BACK YOUR TIMING AND YOUR BPM
THREE SENSITIVITY SETTINGS – 10, 1 AND 0.2 BPM FOR INCREASED ACCURACY
FOR ONE OR TWO PLAYERS, OR LARGE GROUPS
INTERNAL MICROPHONE
INTERNAL SPEAKER
CHROMATIC TUNER
PROGRAMMABLE METRONOME
TWO 6.3MM JACK INPUTS