Evans Hydraulic

PeniScott

Silver Member
For me they are a life saver. It must be the oil film between the plies that makes them immensely easy to tune and always sound good, straight out the box (and 4 months on, too).

I've had numerous encounters with clear and coated tom heads from Remo which i have been unsuccessful with. So, taking into consideration that i am horrible and tuning, what other Evans heads would you recommend that sound as good and tune as easily as the Hydraulics, if any.

thank yoooz
xoxo

P.S. I've heard that in the 80's Evans discontinued a line of red Hydraulics which i haven't seen ANYWHERE, if anyone comes across any, please let me know by any chance?

I used the Hydro's for awhile and for certain uses they fit the bill, I used the black so they looked cool as well but there is not much bounce to them so I switched all of my heads to Evans EC series, tops and bottoms. Could be a good choice for you unless you really don't want to put an effort into tuning.

Evans Onyx heads are extremely easy to tune in my opinion. Plus since you obviously are into black, they are black to so that should tickle your fancy. They are a matte black which I like better than the shinny look that the Hydraulics have.

Back