Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Andra2000

What\'s up fellow drummers. I hope everyone has been playing and enjoying every minute of it.

I am thinking about getting an Iron Cobra single pedal with the \"cobra coil\".

I have been doing a lot of research about \'em and I have heard lots of good things.

I can\'t seem to dial in any of my other pedals regarding the action...I have been using a DW 9000 pedal and I can\'t do doubles on it. I have to work really hard to get the rebound from the footboard. I tried cranking the tension spring, but I lose all control and it\'s real stiff. I tried backing off on the tension and it\'s way too mushy.

Any feedback would be most appreciated y\'all.

Does anybody out there have this pedal? I would love to hear any and all stories from anyone with one of these pedals.
index.jpg

Chris

Any feedback is most appreciated.

I have used it and would say it is a good pedal. I use the power glide. It was powerful, but a little challenging to get multiples out at reasonably fast tempos for me.

I think you should also look at the DW5000 pedal.

I have an Iron Cobra single with the strap drive. And I love it. I removed the Cobra Coil under the pedal because it just felt strange to my foot. I don't know how fast you need to be playing doubles with it, but I don't have a problem playing a quick samba with one foot on mine. But then again, I haven't had a problem playing really on any pedal since they all kinda function the same.

I own two Tama Iron Cobra single pedals in both the Flexi Glide and Power Glide. The Cobra Coil does make a difference in the pedal's foot board return and it's also very adjustable to get the degree of activity that you need. I have pictured the Power Glide. Try one out before you buy one.

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Dennis

If you can move the beater backward about 4mm (i.e. towards you), and do the same with the centric on the spring you will find you have a more responsive pedal. I assume this can be done on the 9?

Great pedal - I particularly like the beater. If you're struggling to get good rebound don't forget you can tune up your bass drum batter head a notch or two. I find this makes more difference than the coil under the foot plate. Also try experimenting with how long the beater shaft is [fnarr] and perhaps make use of the counter-weight that comes with the IC and most other modern pedals.

I have an Iron Cobra single with the strap drive. And I love it. I removed the Cobra Coil under the pedal because it just felt strange to my foot. I don't know how fast you need to be playing doubles with it, but I don't have a problem playing a quick samba with one foot on mine. But then again, I haven't had a problem playing really on any pedal since they all kinda function the same.

Sorry for offtopic but which pedal do you prefer the most? I'm currently using IC with 'Rolling Glide' and I would like to try the 'Flexi Glide' one. It kinda made sense what Jojo Mayer said that chain drive on a pedal is only a marketing hype because the strap will last as long as the chain. And they will hold up even longer these days because they are mostly made out of kevlar.

Sorry for offtopic but which pedal do you prefer the most? I'm currently using IC with 'Rolling Glide' and I would like to try the 'Flexi Glide' one. It kinda made sense what Jojo Mayer said that chain drive on a pedal is only a marketing hype because the strap will last as long as the chain. And they will hold up even longer these days because they are mostly made out of kevlar.

That's true what Jojo said about the strap. I grew up on both the Speed King and pedals that had a strap and I even broke the connection link on the Speed King. I also learned to cut new straps made out of leather when I needed them. But I like feel of the strap more. I think whoever came up with the idea of the chain and sprocket was brilliant because everybody jumped on it! Hope he made a patent on that idea!

I have used it and would say it is a good pedal. I use the power glide. It was powerful, but a little challenging to get multiples out at reasonably fast tempos for me.

I think you should also look at the DW5000 pedal.

I agree I have the same issue as you. It is quite difficult to get multiple strokes on this pedal with the power glide.

Back