My 'NEW' Premier Genista

mike f'n knowles

This is my 1997 model Premier Genista. Got it yesterday :)

24226_10150155051315082_714960081_11603050_2406744_n.jpg

24226_10150155051380082_714960081_11603052_6233583_n.jpg

Complete with novelty sticker on bass resonant head! I also have my Yamaha stage custom snare, 14x5.5. Steel for powah!

Unfortunately i found that my 2nd rack tom has cross threaded on the screw that attached to the tom rack. Sucks. Theres plenty of other toms to use though, heh. All toms are equipped with Evans G2s. Clears on the floor and suspended tom, coated on the racks. Looks cool!

Hoping to invest in new cymbals at some point. Im in love with my Sabian XS20 hats, and my Meinl classics 14" crash has served me very well. Lookin to pair it with a Paiste RUDE crash for crash/ride duty :)

Sonor double bass pedal (not pictured) and cheap+nasty stands completes my kit! Could do with a new stool cos it isn't high enough. Im 6ft2 but I still can't get that cheap piece of crap high enough.

You're a luck man indeed Mike, some of the best drums i've heard!
That's unfortunate about the crossed thread, but it can always be overcome by fitting some rims mounts.
Congratulations and enjoy!

Very nice kit! I used to have one myself. I added ISO mounts on the toms, it dramatically improved the sound.
Gongratulations!

Edit: By the way, to bad I don't live close to you. I have two premier tom mounts that I have no use for with good threads. I guess it's as expensive to ship them from sweden as for you to buy new ones.

Congratulations for the nice kit!

Genista's are legend (the only thing that can be a bit bothering about them are the lugs for getting them into cases).

Oh and I like the little message on the reso head of that kick!

I have the same kit which I bougt 11 years ago. I love the Genista, sure wish I could find a matching snare and another floor tom. You have a good kit,with a modern sound...enjoy!

Back