Hi Hat pedal problem

helsibel

My pedal pushes down too far. It doesn't stop when the hi-hats are closed, and doesn't seem to take up the slack.

Think something has happened in transit. The pedal swings around freely - maybe I don't fold it adequately....

Help! Got a gig coming up!!!

Silly question, but is your top cymbal tightened to the hi hat rod? (The wingnut on the clutch...)

Hmm... Does the rod function properly without the hi hat attached to it? This is tough to diagnose without seeing it. Maybe you lost a spring?

Is the top pole extended far enough out of the bottom pole section? try raising this section then try

Wahey! Fixed it myself. Had a fiddle about, and realised that the pole had come unscrewed (or nearly). Didn't even realise it was screwed in in the first place. Shows what I know. Anyway, thanks for the concern everyone. It's nice to know people care.

Happy drumming!

Wahey! Fixed it myself. Had a fiddle about, and realised that the pole had come unscrewed (or nearly). Didn't even realise it was screwed in in the first place. Shows what I know. Anyway, thanks for the concern everyone. It's nice to know people care.

Happy drumming!

It is good to fiddle with your gear every now and then. If you're familiar with how stuff works you can fix it, sometimes on the spot at a gig, which is when stuff breaks down most anyway.

Yeah, it's good to fiddle. Last night I was sorting out my church drum kit and wondered why the hats were not sounding like they should. I discovered the the bolting arrangement around the top hat was coming loose. Just wound it hand tight and that solved it.

Don't be scared. What could possibly go wrong?

Peace
Davo

Back